I saw alot of cats yesterday :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Talking I saw alot of cats yesterday :)

Yesterday mom and i went to our local humane society to drop off some goodies for the animals.

So we got to check out the cat room. It was sooo much fun.

They had cats out loose wondering around and some where sleeping on in there beds. There were cages lined up with cats inside them. very cute cats i might add!

My mom fell in love with 2 of there cats which made me happy b/c shes more of a dog person then a cat person. So that was nice.

There were these 2 kittens sticking there tiny paws out of the cage...so mom was like awwwww and was playn with them. so cute!

They had a black cat that was hanging out on the counter. I fell in love with that cat. He/she has the same temperment as simba. So it made me wonder if that cat would get along with simba and my other 3 cats.

I wanted to take him/her home...but mom said no. I cant even fb the humane society to ask about that cat b/c they have other black cats there.

It made my day to play with those cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Cool Cat

we love playing with the kitties when we visit the shelters, too. so fun, but so hard to leave, too!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Tom Cat

I was at the shelter today dropping off paper towels and I petted the cats for a few minutes too. I was so tempted by one of them, a seven year old lovey female is was back there for a second time. She is a pretty snowshoe but very obese. Just when I thought I might not be able to resist, one of the volunteers said she doesn't get along with other cats. I was secretly glad to have an easy out since I DO NOT need another cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Just when I thought I might not be able to resist, one of the volunteers said she doesn't get along with other cats. I was secretly glad to have an easy out since I DO NOT need another cat.
come on now...of COURSE you need another cat.

that pretty snowshoe probably just doesn't get along with other cats in the shelter environment. i'm sure she'd be a lovebucket once you got her home. heh heh!

anyway, at the shelter they said our Angel doesn't get along with other cats, too. but they also said she doesn't like to play, and she is a playing maniac at home! all it took was a little love and security for her real personality to come shining through. we are going to try adopting other cats very soon and we are confident Angel will be just that - an Angel with them. we're not doing it too quickly, though, because we want her to experience being absolute Queen of the house for a little longer. (she'll still be queen with the other kitties, but we want to cement that thought in her head first.)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie23 View Post
that pretty snowshoe probably just doesn't get along with other cats in the shelter environment. i'm sure she'd be a lovebucket once you got her home. heh heh!
I actually did think she did ok for an older cat in a room with about 15 kittens. She hissed twice at the kittens in the 30 mins I was there, but mostly just wanted to be petted by me. Still though, Nooooo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page