litter box set up pics - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

litter box set up pics

I have no idea what section this would go in. You guys should make a section about litter boxes..

I just wanted to show off where i keep the two litter boxes in my home. If you guys think these are good places to put them.

The first picture is the litter box in the laundry room.

The second picture is in the office. The litter box is under the old desk. Does it look like a good spot for that?

Last edited by ThreeCatzGirl; 10-08-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

another picture

In this picture you can see a close up of the litter box in the office.

The green arrow is pointing to a pee stain on the rug. The gold arrow is pointing to a stain on the wood floor from when i had an old mat there and the pee went through it and messed up the floor.

So now im using these 2 mats and so far there hasnt been any accidents. well just the pee stain on the mat. but thats it.

im thinking of getting a bigger/deeper litter box o

Last edited by ThreeCatzGirl; 10-08-2012 at 10:30 PM.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Cool Cat

As long as they're out of the way of a lot of foot traffic and your kitties are using them properly, I'd say they're good spots. I've heard others having slight problems with them in laundry rooms if the kitties get startled by the washing machine noise, but that's about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Cool Cat

I think that the location of the litter tray depends on the cats being comfortable using the trays. We're temporarily staying at my Mum's place and we're doing the best we can with the space we have. We have one litter tray in the bathroom and one in the walk in robe. The one in the robe is more hidden but the cats actually prefer the bathroom tray, that's the one that gets used the most.

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Jr. Cat

Wow. I didn't know cat urine can permanently damage wooden floorboards.

Sent from my iPad using PG Free
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yup, it can. When some neighbors moved out of the cul-de-crap where I used to live, the owners had to tear everything up, floor, floor-boards, it was disgusting. I stopped by to say hi to the maintenance guy and couldn't even go inside the house because of the stench.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks everyone for your replys.

the cats are fine using the box in the laundry room. the machines dont seem to bother them.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

My girls are fascinated - and a little scared - by the front loading washer. I think it's because of the reflections on the black glass front door - as they move, everything changes.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Cat

my kitty's have 2 uncovered boxes in the hallway by the front door, we don't have a lot of visitor's & people knocking the door, they all tend to use the box on the left hand side for poop & the box on the right for pee bless em lol

they also have a covered box in the bathroom which they use for both pee & poop funny lil thing's they are love them xx

all 3 boxes are large & are deeply filled which uses 2 bag's of clumping litter each, they are always kept clean, Tulah tends to pee right at the edge which sticks to the side of the box, in this case I tip the box so that I can remove the pee with paper towel & then clean the side of the box with baby wipe's, I keep the litter topped up & do a complete change approx every 5-6 week's or sooner if the poop box start's to smell at all,

I never have any problem's with urinating or pooping outside of the boxes other than if I have over filled & Tulah pee's over the edge in which case she scoop's the litter out of the box to cover the pee on the floor, clever girlie but this has only happened 2 or 3 time's to date.

some people might think it weird but I think is really cute when I go to the loo & one of my kitty's go's at the same time in their bathroom box lol

"what greater gift......than the love of a cat?"

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriax View Post
some people might think it weird but I think is really cute when I go to the loo & one of my kitty's go's at the same time in their bathroom box lol
i have a video of Angel using the litterbox. think people might think that's weird? i think it's cute! ha ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page