I think she sassed me! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Exclamation I think she sassed me!

Lickorish has her different meows, and there is a quite demanding sounding one when she wants something, its almost like she's barking a meow at me. Yesterday when I came back from my walk (about her dinner time), she did the loudest, longest, most demanding sounding meow I've heard to date! I do believe she sassed me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Premier Cat

Haha! I say that to MowMow all the time. "Did you just give me SASS?" or when he's playing with something silly like paper I'll tell him "YOu are such a sassyboy!"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Cat Addict

LOL...yup, you just got some lip service there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Premier Cat

Don't think of it as sassing. Think of it as the kitty effectively communicating with you in the best way possible. Yay kitty!!

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Cool Cat

When I'm being too slow with the inner Io will do a super sassy, loud meow, where she squinches up her face and then jerks her head towards the food bowl, like "Rattle yer dags, woman!"

I usually respond with an "oh no you din'" and snap my fingers in a "Z" shape... I'm not sure she gets it because she just keeps carrying on.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Cat

Love dat cat sass! I had the most wonderful Siamese, Phoebe. As a kitten, Phoebe used to have a series of ways of waking me up....graduating from looking at me, to sitting on my chest and staring at me and finally to lifting an eyelid with her paw! There is nothing like an eyeful of kitten paw in the morning to make you scream.

I thought that was dangerous...to my eye...so I tried to discourage it. Nothing worked, so I thought I'd try and do what a mama cat might do and gave the offending paw the tiniest and gentlest nip.

Phoebe was mightily offended. She was sitting on my chest and she glared at me with her blazing blue eyes, drew herself up to her full, tiny, kitten height and biffed me in the face....like an offended aristocrat. She then stalked off with her tail held up and quivering in indignation.

I never got another eyeful of paw, though.....and I was quickly forgiven.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Jr. Cat

I had a Siamese cat ( RIP mezzier) would argue with you.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Cleo always has to have the last word. And if she's annoyed with me, she'll actually circle me while giving me a quite large piece of her mind.

I love my Sassy Cathy.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Jr. Cat

My Rascal would let out a big sigh of disgust when he didn't get what he wanted.

I love cats that know how to express themselves.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to kit-e-kat
our persian harold demands stuff of us we are begining to think he is under the impression we are slaves, we joke about how he must think he is a king when he meows at us when we do his food or water. and no matter what he has to get the last word, unless we pick him up and cuddle him which he reacts with disgust :L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page