Cat toys? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to kit-e-kat
Talking Cat toys?

Just had a snoop on the website for da bird, and I found a few other cool things just wondering if anyone's actually used them?

The cat camper tent, did you cat use it? What size of cat is it suitable for? We where going to get it for nice days as they get warm easy and harold isn't as keen on sun on his back so it would be good for him to get fresh air.

Also what da bird attachment is best? I've used a few fishing rod toys with bob and he adores them! Mostly anything with feathers but just wondering what one lasted longest for you?

And if anyone could help me with this wold be amazing
It's a toy Harold had in his old home and he adored it, we can't seem to find one though he isn't too interested in anything other than the laser and he gets bored easy of it. It was like a tunnel but the size of the cat toy balls and such Maybe abit bigger and it was material but it made a crunching noise, ? Does anyone know where I could get similar toys. Even toys with that effect/noise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Senior Cat

It depends on the temerament of your cat, but I cant imagine my cats enjoying the camper tent thing, i feel like they would just feel confused and would rather just sit in a windowsill.

da bird is not your average "fishing pole" toy. the feathers are attached at a specific angle so that they spin when you wave it back and forth- thus imitating a real bird in flight. the regular feather attachment is the only one I have ever used

I think i know the toy you are talking about that makes the crunching noise, but I cant find it online. the one i am thinking of is sold at Petco in the stores though. These balls make the same noise though

Grreat Choice™ Crinkle Balls Cat Toys - Balls - Toys - PetSmart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Cat

My kitty just loves the simplest things... his favorite are crumpled up sales slips... he runs around with them in his mouth like they are hunted prey! Too funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Senior Cat

Each of my cats has their favourite toys. One loves the crinkle ball and goes nuts for it but the probably is she frequently puts it under the stove so she doesn't get that often. The other loves the tinsel ball as I call it. I recently got them a kong kickeroo and they love rolling around with that now
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Cat

Rocky and Lily absolutely love the Kong Kickeroo, they have the bear and the raccoon ! -
KONG Cat Cozie Kickeroo - Raccoon - Free Shipping

Baxter and Barnaby loved the Kong ones with the tube of catnip on the side, Barnaby had a turtle (we got it for him after Baxter died, we named the turtle Stanley xD!)
Baxter had the "Duckie" one which turned green after we let him play with it since he was obsessed with catnip and opened up the pouch and let the catnip out.
Duckie -

Rocky also has a thing for shiny pom-poms he carries them in his mouth while squeaking to them !

Rocky born April 29th, 2011, Lily born June 5th, 2011, and
Henry born October 10, 2013 (all estimates
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
R.I.P Baxter August 21st, 1998-November 1st, 2011.
Barnaby July ?, 1998-January 15th, 2012
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Senior Cat

i also am a huge fan of the tinsel ball/ sparkle pom-poms. I call them "sparkle balls". they are the only thing my cats will play fetch with.

and if your cat llikes catnip, these are great. yeowww makes the most potent catnip, in my opinion

"Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered" - Bob Barker
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Cool Cat

My cat loves honeysuckle toys. We go through a honeysuckle mouse every few months. She's just a happy just rubbing and drooling on chunks of plain wood, but we like to keep up appearances.

Her other favourites are these weird pokey rubbery gooshy ball things. They were a present from a friend and I don't know what they're called, though. She also loves the laser pointer, but she's not a fan of any toys that are too big (she's scared of them). 2/3rd of the Dabird-knowckoff attachments scare her, as well as a fuzzy tick someone gave her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyandLily View Post
Rocky and Lily absolutely love the Kong Kickeroo, they have the bear and the raccoon !
My experience with these was not so great. Io loved her Pinkie Pie one, but she ate the guts out and puked them back up (overnight one night). I think they're just too easy to get into, and if I ever get another one as a gift it will be a supervised toy.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Premier Cat

Does anyone have the Yeoww catnip banana? It's only the 2nd catnip toy that I've ever seen Margaux play with/sit on/bite at/lick/bunny kick (the other one was in the form of a certain former president; the pics are pretty hilarious).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to kit-e-kat
I've ordered da bird and I will be buying a crunchy ball for Harold thanks I think it'd the closest I wil get but hopefully he will like it! He's so hard to play with. Too lazy
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Does anyone have the Yeoww catnip banana? It's only the 2nd catnip toy that I've ever seen Margaux play with/sit on/bite at/lick/bunny kick (the other one was in the form of a certain former president; the pics are pretty hilarious).
My guys LOVE that banana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page