Animal communicator follow-up: pooping on the rug... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Animal communicator follow-up: pooping on the rug...

Some of you might remember we had a communicator come over earlier this month, since we had a ton of family stuff and a few issues with Gracie.

Just a quick follow-up! Gracie's gotten outdoor deck privileges now (gated and safe when we are checking on her), tolerates her harness and leash, and has gone out to Grandma's house to visit (went okay but she was not thrilled). Overall she seems much much happier and is super affectionate now, as if saying "thank you" all the time. She also trills and comes running to check in with us when we call her while she's on the deck.

Jamie's off in college now - he's been gone almost a week. Hubby's been sending short texts everyday, I sent just one - but I notice that his Facebook friends list has been growing steadily so he's making friends! Classes start next week. Gracie's been okay - she and I go into his room since we are going to use it as a guest bedroom while he is away.

Best for last! We did ask that Gracie please stop pooping on the rug in the foyer (bad feng shui ) and I promised to get her a small rug of her own, to put in the living room right near the entry but not in it - which I did. Well, night before last she was constipated again and pooped on the front entry-way rug again . I was very disappointed but at least it wasn't a mess - basically a pile of 'stones'.

Anyway, while cleaning up in the morning I made the point of setting the loaded-up scoop on the new little rug for a moment, and showing it to Gracie while explaining "This is your rug, please if your butt hurts use this one, it's easier to clean, remember?" So late last night - she pooped on her own little rug!!! We think the reason for the constipation is a combo of hot weather / need for more hydration since she warms up fast in her heavy fur coat on the deck / one bad can of cat food. However, I am so so pleased that she has clued in on "her" rug...!

(The "good" rug is the blue flowered one on the left, Gracie's is the itty-bitty beige flowered one right next to the piano...)

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Premier Cat

Good girl Gracie! It sounds like she is so much happier, and showing you over and over how thankful she is for you taking her needs into consideration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Premier Cat

Fran I just replaced my plastic hard to clean pet fountain with a ceramic Hammacher Schlemmmer pet fountain. My cats love to drink from it. It is quick and easy to clean and reassemble. Maybe this would get more water into Gracies diet since her poo is like stones. Probably the reason she wants the rug instead of usung the box.

I think the fountain is called the 128 oz fountain. You can take apart the pump to get any slime out and run hot water thru the filter. You can run pieces thru the dishwasher if you want to steralize it. Im on my phone so I cant send the url for it. This was just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page