Totally bummed! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Totally bummed!

My foster cat, Thai, is going back to the rescue facility on Tuesday . I told the director to please place him in a home without other cats because he's an amazing animal. Luckily we don't euthanize unless an animal is human-aggressive or terminally ill so I know he'll find a home no matter how long it takes.

This morning he and Jason got into it pretty badly. I'm used to little spats here and there between my cats and foster cats while the fosters are settling in.. My cats usually establish that they're higher up in the matriarchy and Jason gave Thai a really tough lesson today. Thai got a claw through his eyelid and Jason is now missing a claw. I haven't seen Jason draw blood before and I was terrified that he'd gotten Thai's eye. Luckily it was just the eye lid but it still sucked having to remove the claw that was sticking through it.

I know it's for Thai's well being for him to go back but it'll suck since he'll be in a cat-condo until he's adopted. He's not going to be allowed in the cage-less adoptable cat-room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Cat Addict

Which of them started it?

I really sympathise by the way because I recently had to re-home a stray mother because she was so aggressive to my other cats and my dog. With people she was a world class sweetie but she just wasn't going to work with us despite us doing all the "right" things.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
Which of them started it?

I really sympathise by the way because I recently had to re-home a stray mother because she was so aggressive to my other cats and my dog. With people she was a world class sweetie but she just wasn't going to work with us despite us doing all the "right" things.
I have a feeling it's Thai reacting to the cats then they react and then a fight starts.. Thai and Snowball got in a fight last night and she had a small cut on the back of her head. I expect some fighting, just not blood drawing. This morning Thai's eye almost got taken out. I don't want any of them to get hurt. Jason definitely won, but he was also mid poop when the fight started, so I'm 90% sure Thai is starting things. He's trying to set his place in the group but he's being so violent about it that it's just not going to happen. He snuggled in my bed at night, purred up a storm, and followed me around the house. Lay next to me while I studied for my first week quizzes. He's an awesome companion cat. Just not good with other cats I think. He was playing with Snowball about 15 minutes after he scratched her too. So I know it's a dominance thing, just trying to work his way up the chain, but it got too dangerous with Jason. Thai's in my kitty condo now (two level cat cage) until Tuesday. I'll let him out a little each day so he isn't stir crazy. But it still sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Senior Cat

I'm sorry! I have to keep my cats separated... one all by herself because she's aggressive to anything living (and some things that aren't living), and then the adult male from the male kitten because the 4 mo. old kitten keeps trying to play with the adult, attacking him, but the adult is 12 lbs and the kitten is only 2.5 (stunted growth from an early parasitic infection), so he could easily accidentally get hurt. The vet said normally it's policy to let them duke it out, but that in this case the little one is too small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page