Messy cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Smile Messy cats

Does anyone else have messy cats? I always come home from work and have to vacuum because of all the fur and stuff but lately I have been coming home to a messy, mostly in the living room.

The toys are kept in either the cat room upstairs or in the basement. Yesterday I have home to a living room full of cat toys and wet food all over the floor/furnature. Ahhhh. It's not like I don't have enough cleaning to do. I think they are punishing me for leaving them while I am at work all day. Lol. Wonder what mess I'll come home to today. :p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Tom Cat

Only if I leave paper out. Sometimes I think my kitten cleans the house for me when I'm away. In fact, I caught him putting one of his toys away the other day - I'm pretty sure that was just a silly coincidence though...

If I leave out a piece of paper or a cardboard box or anything in a cardboard sleeve, receipts, money, my checkbook -- it's all over. I find shredded pieces of paper and cardboard for days. Then I flip the couch cushions and find more where he buried them for later.

I've actually been reading a stack of papers in my hand and he'll sneak up and grab a single sheet from the back of the stack and run off with it. It's adorable and hilarious, but I hope he grows out of it. You don't realize just how much paper is out until you have a problem.

Luckily he hasn't discovered yet that books are paper...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to bellaboo
i get up in the mornings and my living room looks like a tornado hit it.bellas toys are everywher flipflops hubbies hat also her woobie[fav.furry toy]in my hubbys shoe.i have to zip up my purse,she loves paper money i guess the smell of it.she will clean me out if i leave my purse open
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Senior Cat

My cats will occasionally move shoes where they don't belong and they are messy with their wet food, but other than that they're not too sloppy Oh, and they do track litter :-/ if I put a track mat out they just exit the box on another side, so I've thrown in the towel on that one!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Jr. Cat

I guess I'm lucky... my kitties leave few messes. Just a few cat toys here and there. They leave my piles of paper alone (except to sit on them) and are fairly neat with their food. Litter boxes are always messy... but that is to be expected.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Cat

I never really have unexpected toy messes. But, I do have a couple messy eaters. I just add it to the chore of cleaning the litter box.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Premier Cat

Sounds like they are inviting friends and having a party while you are at work. Have you checked youtube for any videos?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Kitten

Evert morning starts with picking up stuff that's fallen of the table while they were running around during the night.
Their meat seems to taste better when it is dragged from the plate on to the floor.
Of my four cats, only one heavily sheds. He is kind enough to shed enough for four, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Premier Cat

Shepherd Book trashes the place while I'm at work. The pillows off the couches, blankets messed up on the bed, bed pillows pushed onto the floor, and stuff knocked off shelves. I've even come home to the entire nightstand on it's side with the alarmclock/lamp broken on the floor. I have NO idea what that boy does during the day when I'm not home.

Pre Book years MowMow would only mess stuff up if I was REALLY late coming home from work. Now I have to tidy as soon as I get home destructive little monster.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Jr. Cat

My husband is an artist so the second bedroom is his studio and a catch all for random things.

Every morning when we wake up, Lestat has dragged a new item out of that room onto the living room floor. There's some weird things in there and some things, I had forgotten we even owned! The other morning, I walked out and there was a wig on the floor - Lestat. Missing something off your nightstand? Lestat. Stepping on a barbie doll in the middle of the night? Lestat.

He uses a shoe box and puts all kinds of little treasures in it too - a white gift bow, a photograph, a measuring tape - and he gets really upset when you move the stuff out. He'll grab it back, put the item on the floor, "dig" in the shoe box, put the item in the "hole" and then cover it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page