My Cats are always around me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My Cats are always around me

I recently left my job and having been sitting around the house all day and my two cats do not leave me alone. The older cat used to be pretty independent, my gf and I got him when we were in Grad school and were gone most of the day, but the little guy is attached to us and is usually not more than 3 ft away. Now both of them hang out by me all the time.

They are also really funny guys, the younger one, Sham, is a bit of bully and likes to play fight with Onyx, and sometimes Onyx fights back. While they can get annoying when they play fight and run all over the house shedding hair, they are interesting to watch because after 3 minutes for a little fighting and running and jumping, they sit and chill by each other. At first we were never sure whether it is ok for the time to engage in some playfighting because we didn't like the show of aggression, but everyone tends to think that as long as they aren't hurting each other and it happens once or twice a day, then its good for their energy.

However, the point of this post was, that despite my feeling down at times looking for a job and all the hassles associated with it, their presence really calms me down. They are extremely loving and they love to sleep by me during the day and sometimes stare at me while I am typing away at my computer. The oddest thing is that as a man, I was initially against getting cats, but look at me now, posting on a cat forum...I have turned into the crazy cat person and I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

I know exactly how you feel. When I got laid off, my girls were the only reason to get out of bed most days. They bring me joy every day.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Premier Cat

Ditto, feeding MowMow was about all I had to look forward to when I was unemployed. Actually.....they are still about the only reason I get up.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Jr. Cat

I can relate... I recently lost my job too. The kitties (and this site) keep me busy enough!

Welcome to the new crazy cat man!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Jr. Cat

Yup! Between the kid, dog, cats, school, and boytoy... Im pretty busy inside the house all day. I love it though... I have such a strong bond with my critters.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Kitten

My cat, Charlie is always on me. When im in bed he will jump up and lay on my side untill i end up moving and then he'll lay at my feet. If im on the couch, my thighs are his new bed till i get up and even then that's a fight to get him up and off me. Reba likes to be at your feet 24/7. Morris just wants a part of your arm to nibble on and well Mona just likes to sleep with my wife with her but near the face. lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Cat Addict

When Hubby lost his job and went back to school for a certification in a new field, Gracie camped out in the living room with him whenever he had to study or read ! He said later it helped so much to have company, they really bonded. He was initially worried about having a rambunctious kitten, but now we are totally committed to having at least one cat in our home for as long as we live ...

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page