Does your cat "see things"? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Does your cat "see things"?

The other night our cat Reba was sitting on our coffee table while i was on the computer. I started to notice she was looking at the ceiling. I watched her for about 5 minutes and she was acting like something or someone was on the ceiling. She was in a way stalking it, watching it and moving her head as if it was moving on the ceiling. I looked up and obviously there was nothing there. About 2 hours later i noticed she was doing it again but this time looking towards the dining room ceiling and doing the exact samething. Stalking something on the ceiling. It got me wondering in all seriousness, do cats see things we cannot and she was watching something?

This isn't the first time its happened to us, our other cat Mona did it one night while laying in bed with the wife. My wife actually got freaked out cause Mona was definitely watching something with what little light was on.

So have your cats done this? Or are mine just extremely strange?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Premier Cat

Book does it all the time. I'm convinced he's watching mosquitos buzzing around. Or he's just dumb...... I love the little guy but he's not the brightest bulb in the pack.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Cat Addict

Or, maybe they are hearing things - like tiny noises a mouse or a bug would make, which we can't hear? Something walking on the roof, whatever. You never know...

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

My girls lie on the foot of my bed and watch the carpet sometimes. It used to freak me out because I kept thinking they were seeing ants or something. But no.

This weekend, Cali kept watching the back of the toilet. I thought, great, ants. Nope. It was a leak!!! I would have probably never noticed it until it got bad. My landlord fixed it, and it was dry when I went to bed. Got up the next morning, Cali was back there again. Watching a new leak. Now he calls her Plumber Kitty Cali. When he was working on the toilet the second time, she was peeking through the crack in the door, supervising. No more leaks so far.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Tom Cat

Plumber kitty is probably the cutest thing I've ever heard.

If my kitty ever starts watching non existent things, I'll have to move out. That would scare me so much.

My friend's 3 year-old told her that he talked to the old lady that came in at night and that she was nice. She was scared to death and made her husband sleep in the toddler's room for like a week!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Book does it all the time. I'm convinced he's watching mosquitos buzzing around. Or he's just dumb...... I love the little guy but he's not the brightest bulb in the pack.
LOL!

I agree with Fran that it's possible that she's hearing something. Celia does this only occasionally, but it's almost like she's staring at nothing, trying to figure out where a noise came from. Sometimes, I hear a little noise too, so I'm pretty sure that's what she's doing.

Margaux, on the other hand, sometimes sits in a corner and stares at the wall for several minutes. Since she's blind, I know she's not watching mosquitoes, so...she's in the same pack of light bulbs as Book.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Cat

We call them "polter-mice".... Joy does that too! Kinda creepy when she sees stuff we can't!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Cool Cat

My grandparents think this house is haunted. I think they're looney tunes.

I haven't noticed Tina looking at anything unordinary but she's rather independent and keeps to herself a lot.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Jr. Cat

Yup, Id like to think its a bug or something but Im pretty convinced there a shadow man in the apartment anyways. I coulda swore I saw my boyfriend walk by the bathroom but he was sitting at the computer! Creepy! What if all animals could see spirits? That would actually be ok with me... Im ok with weird energies in the house as long as they arent violent!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Senior Cat

wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
My girls lie on the foot of my bed and watch the carpet sometimes. It used to freak me out because I kept thinking they were seeing ants or something. But no.

This weekend, Cali kept watching the back of the toilet. I thought, great, ants. Nope. It was a leak!!! I would have probably never noticed it until it got bad. My landlord fixed it, and it was dry when I went to bed. Got up the next morning, Cali was back there again. Watching a new leak. Now he calls her Plumber Kitty Cali. When he was working on the toilet the second time, she was peeking through the crack in the door, supervising. No more leaks so far.
Marie, that may be the coolest cat talent ever! So useful and makes for a great story :-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page