I ran into a fellow cat lady today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Wink I ran into a fellow cat lady today

I know it's silly but I just wanted to share. I went into this shop with today, and when I got to the register there was a woman wearing all these cat pins on her vest! So I said "ah, another cat lady" smiling of course. We got into a big ol conversation about kitties. She had 5, and was quite proud to be a cat mom, telling me all about them. I told her i was getting a fourth, it was so cute how excited she was for me. Then we talked about proper care and such, both of us making sure the other had ours all fixed . She was just such a sweet lady. i also found it ironic, how i had just came from the local animal shelter that I volunteer at and it was easier to have a chat with her then anyone there at the desk or other volunteers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Senior Cat

Aww you should have invited her to volunteer too... then there would have been a friendly face around!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I knooooow! BUT I felt she was the kinda person who really would have had trouble not taking more home lol, even though animals are really well cared for there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Premier Cat

I've often had really nice conversations with people buying cat food in a store or cat moms and dads at the vet. Seeing another cat person is an instant bond.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

I regularly have customers in my store stand around and talk about their animals...sometimes for as long as an hour. I've had customers hug each other when one was upset because a pet was sick or recently died, I've had them help each other with training techniques and even recommended products to each other. It's an environment I encourage...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Premier Cat

We have an informal "cat club" here at work too, where those of us who are cat-nuts talk about our cats ad nauseum. No detail is too trivial to mention. "Oh, Holly! I wanted to tell you about how [state the name here] got on my lap this morning!" It's awesome.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Cat Addict

It really is nice to find a kindred soul!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Tom Cat

Yeah, I was in the grocery store line and a woman had a really neat t-shirt on, something about rescuing four paws. We talked a little. Turns out she rescues rodents (hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.) Different animal, same principle.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I love everyones replies . I'm jealous of those who have people at work they can have animal loving chats with. No one really at my work are major animal lovers. Though I'm my closest friends I've met were bonding over cats/animals. 4 of them from when I worked at a book store almost 10 years ago!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Cat

Cute stories!!

I'm a waitress and there is one older couple that comes in and they bring pictures of their cats for me to look at! Sometimes we're able to chat for a long time when I'm not busy, and I think it's the cutest thing that they love their animals so much they bring in pictures and want to talk about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page