Does any one have this cat tree? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Does any one have this cat tree?

Ace Bayou Small Cat Tree at PETCO

There were a few reviews, all were positive. I'm shopping on Petsmart - there's a sale today. None of the toys got very good reviews. Any good suggestions? How many toys do I really need?

I have a da bird in my cart and also a scratching post. This one http://www.petco.com/product/12529/S...lies_Furniture

Other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Premier Cat

I don't have that cat tree, but it seems like a good deal. I'd make sure you're ok with its dimensions, or be willing to get a bigger tree when your kitty gets older. The scratcher is an excellent choice! It's tall and stable, so your kitty can grow with it. It seems long lasting, too.

Toys! Yes, Da bird & its feather replacement (refill) is the best. Here's a list of what I'd buy:

-Da bird refills (they can tear thru them within a week, lol)
-Laser toy
-Another wand toy, like the mousie at the end or the "cat dancer" (wire w/cardboard bait)
-Rattling fuzzy mice
-Bergan cat scratcher (track w/ball that goes round 'n round)
-Rattling / jingly /crinkle ball
-Fur (bunny-fur?) ball
-cardboad boxes (save these!)
-paper/shopping bag including those re-usable 99-cent bags
-crinkle tunnel

A lot of stuff I just found rather expensive at big box stores and found them surprisingly cheaper at smaller, local pet stores. They also had a wider assortment of quality toys rather than the stuff you see at petsmart/co. Also, cats have varying personalities like humans, so you may just have to buy random stuff, or find simple household items that work best for your kitty. Toys can be switched around maybe every week or two, to prevent boredom, but wand/interactive type toys need to always be locked or tucked securely away at all times.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Premier Cat

I bought this one from Amazon for $110 total (includes shipping in that price). Plus, folded up fleece blankets make the BEST cat beds. I left one on the floor and 2 cats fought over it!!

Attachment 54714

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"

Last edited by Marcia; 08-01-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks for your input. The tree is 55" I think I saw. That seems big enough. If not, well, we can always get another later.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did get a laser pointer thing. I'll get the Bergan thing, too. I have some toys around here already from my other cat that she never used. I'll have to gather them up.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Bon
Tom Cat

the tree description says it has sisal posts so you might not need the other scratching post . . .

Bon.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Cat

We have 2 of the PETCO Premium Trees (the Bungalow & the Terrace) for our cat. and a smaller one from Petsmart; similar to this one, but we paid $ 60.- or so for it. Molly and Friends Cat Tree | Furniture & Towers | PetSmart
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

The Petco Bungalow and the other one I linked to say they have 'soft lamb fur fabric.' Can you comment on that? I thought they would be carpeted.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Premier Cat

Were any lambs harmed in the making of this cat tree?? Wondering how cleanable it would be if someone barfed on it.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

How would you know? I'm pretty sure at that price it's not real lambs wool.

I've been measuring. I have no wall space next to a window to accommodate any of these. They would have to go over the window and only the first one I linked to wouldn't land on a heat vent. Oh, and 55 inches isn't as tall as I thought. You guys probably already knew that!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
I bought this one from Amazon for $110 total (includes shipping in that price). Plus, folded up fleece blankets make the BEST cat beds. I left one on the floor and 2 cats fought over it!!

Attachment 54714

I also have this tree I got from Amazon. It's amazing and my cats love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page