World's Best Multiple cat litter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
World's Best Multiple cat litter

Hello all!
Question for all of you who use WB litter...
I use to use clay litter, I scooped 2 times a day, did spot cleaning in the box for pee marks and would change the litter out completely every other month (I of course added fresh litter once a week to top it off).

When using WB litter, how long do you wait before you do a complete litter box change? I have 2 cats and use a storage tote as there litter box and have noticed after a few weeks that there is a lot of "corn dust" on the bottom of the box. Also I dont know if it's my mind playing with me or not but it seems to not be clumping as well after a few weeks, anyone else have this problem?
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Cat Addict

STEL-LAAAAAAAAA!!!!

(drive-by Stella fix from a loyal fan )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

lol!!
Ill post some new pictures of Stella for you when I get home from work :p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Cat Addict

YAY!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Here you go, just like I promised

Attachment 55209
Attachment 55217
Attachment 55225

To go back on topic, lol!! Does know one use World's Best litter that could answer my question?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by ~*Regina*~; 05-27-2014 at 02:37 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

Regina, OMG! All three pictures are to die for!! Love, Love Stella!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Cat Addict

OMG OMG OMG!!! That second pic with those Stella eyes!! <swoons>
I just want to burry my face in the Stella tummy paradise of fur!! oooooooo

Thank you for the pictures and "fix", now, can you put her on the first flight to Heathrow? LOL

BACK ON TOPIC...

I don't use World's Best, BUT I use Cat's Best, and where yours is corn bases, mine is plant (wood) based. It is the same product. The feel of the clean litter is soft, almost granules in the size of the litter bits.

I don't do a total clean any more, no point. The litter clumps very well and why would I throw out perfectly good, usable, non smelling litter? I use to, but over time I realized it was kind of silly.

Yes, I get the "dust" situation like you described because the litter starts out so fine.
What I do is rough scoop the "intact" litter bits away from the powder, and take a regular dry food scoop and remove one or two scoops of the powder. Then top up with good litter and start all over again.

When the cats wee against the sides, I go ahead and scoop it up but after, I push the good litter away from the spot and use a "toilet wet wipe" to spot clean the area where the wee clump was.

The powder doesn't seem to clump as well as the regular litter bits, I agree. The best thing to do is to just remove a bunch of the powder. It takes a couple minutes to do. And I end up doing it about once every two or three months.

I have three cats and two of them use the box on a regular basis.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again for the pics of Stella!!! (murmuring to self) ... I love that kitty...

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Premier Cat

OMG those pictures are to die for!!!

Is it just Stella and one box? Things have changed a bit for me now, since I added a 3rd box (and also because physically it's really hard for me to even scoop the boxes much less wash them out). But with 2 cats and 2 boxes, I'd do a full change and wash out the box every 3 or 3 1/2 weeks or so.

Definitely, you get more dust the longer the litter goes unchanged. I don't think I've noticed that the litter clumps less effectively the longer it stays, but that might be because I have the 3rd box, so it stays fresher longer. Or it could just be because I'm not observant. I'm going to have to pay more attention.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Cat

I use World's Best. Yes, I noticed the dust in the box, but I didn't notice its clumping less effectively. I'll try to pay attention. I scoop multiple times a day, but I have two kittens share a single box for now. I change/wash the box every month or so or whenever I notice the smell. I'll try to pay attention.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Premier Cat

I use Worlds Best with kittens. It doesn't last as long as some other litters. Stops clumping and gets a smell i don't like. I change out the litter for all new apx once a week. Luckily kitten boxes are smaller otherwise it would get very expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page