Best Stores for Cat Accessories - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Best Stores for Cat Accessories

***AMERICA STORES ONLY***

I arrived to America a couple days ago and i want to go to a nice store
To buy my cats some gifts

Like shampoo/conditioner/Brushes/combs - Food/treats/catnip/toys/laser pointers - beds and a scratching post or a tree that's in a small box that can fit in the luggage

And what names of the products do you recommend me getting from the list ^ like what's the most favored treats for cats? Food? Toys? Etc

Which store do you also recommend me going... "I'll be going to the stores like a couple days before I go cus I don't want the treats or food to go bad"...

Stores that are near me are Petco, Petsmart, Petland, Walmart, Target, CVS...

Cat Daddy <3 <3 <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Also maybe other accessories like the Claw Covers "if those are ok to use"
You can also suggest me some of your best items you like to buy for your cats...

Most of the stuff in America you gotta order in my country

Cat Daddy <3 <3 <3
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Cat Addict

LoL Joe. Can I give you a list too so you can bring back some for me )
I would suggest if you bring back feliway spray. It helps to use this to calm cats sprayed in the carrier ( not on the cat) to calm them. You can't get here and can't get it posted either. Also Da Bird and replacement birds. I would forget the cat tree, you can get the big ones for the same price here from Pets plaza and they deliver and assemble to all emirates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Cool Cat

Joe, I would look for a local store near you. Use something like Yelp or just google and say "pet store near city, state". You can go to a chain store like PetsMart, Pet Supplies Plus, Petco, but the prices will often be higher and they will have much less selection than a local shop.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Premier Cat

Yes, support the local businesses who are much more knowledgeable and caring about your pets instead of large corporations who only think of profit margins and part-timers who don't know much about feline stuff or the products besides what's already written on the label. Been to the big box stores. They barely know anything if you ask specifics and cost a small fortune, IMO.

Where did you travel from, btw? If we have a clue, it's easier to recommend, I'm thinking...?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbCatt View Post
Yes, support the local businesses who are much more knowledgeable and caring about your pets instead of large corporations who only think of profit margins and part-timers who don't know much about feline stuff or the products besides what's already written on the label. Been to the big box stores. They barely know anything if you ask specifics and cost a small fortune, IMO.

Where did you travel from, btw? If we have a clue, it's easier to recommend, I'm thinking...?
UAE - United Arab Emirates

Cat Daddy <3 <3 <3
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Premier Cat

I'd buy what Jenny recommended: toys like da bird are great but the poles are super long; not sure you can put that in your suitcase! I'd go to the local pet store and see the stuff they have that you cannot buy in your country. Maybe some freeze dried treats are good (light and easier to pack). I wouldn't bother with food, it's too bulky and heavy, and no guarantee Tota will like it.

Side note: Make sure you know your custom and duty taxes and know what the limits are too, especially if you buy any tobacco/alcohol/perfume, etc. (Totally unrelated to pet merchandise, obviously!)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat

What kinds of freeze dried treats do you recommend that your cats love?

Cat Daddy <3 <3 <3
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe711 View Post
What kinds of freeze dried treats do you recommend that your cats love?
Purebites freeze dried chicken! They go bananas for it!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by molldee View Post
Purebites freeze dried chicken! They go bananas for it!
Beef Liver ones too! Jasper knocked over a cabinet, opened drawer and then ripped opened a bag. Previously he'd smelled then above my closet and taken flying leaps onto the shelf above my clothes to knock over the bag and get to them. Yikes.

But yeah, definitely check out local, smaller, stores. I find the bigger chain stores are more expensive!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page