Question for Kitty Foster Parents. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Question for Kitty Foster Parents.

I was looking through Neelix's papers and it lists the last name of his foster family. For those of you who foster, would you appreciate a periodic update on the kittens you foster for rescue/shelter?

I was going to call the Humane Society and ask them to contact his parent's with my email so if they want updates I can send them.

Is this weird or something you'd appreciate?

I always wished i knew who fostered Book because he was the most gentle baby ever. He never scratched hard in play or bit me. By the time he came to me he had learned that "ouch" meant he was getting too excited and he'd back right off.

Neelix is such a little lovebug, it's obvious they put a lot of effort into him and his socialization. I want them to know he's OK and very very loved already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Cat Addict

I think they would love that!

I get to see updates of some of my foster-kittens, but mostly because I knew people who adopted some of them. I still wonder what happened to all those kittens...and I would love updates even now - 5/6 years later.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Cat Addict

I think they would love it too. Anyone who is a foster pet parent in my book is just an awesome person, to do what they do. I fostered a dog once, and I made friends with the lady she went to, so that worked out great for me. I went to visit her all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Cat

I wonder the same thing with Merlin's foster family. He is such a little beast and i wonder if they would want to know how big he is growing.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

It seems (to me) to be a labor of love. It's not something I think I could do. To stress and care for and love these little (and big) furkids and let someone else have them.

That's why I thought perhaps they'd be interested in keeping up with how he's doing.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

I only fostered one little kitten (would have kept him except the cat we had at the time would have honestly killed him); when we found him a forever home, I begged them to update us. nothing. never heard from them again. I still wonder how he is doing and it has been over 10 years.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I kept the bratz' foster parents updated for about two years. Cleo's mom didn't care. You couldn't have paid me to update Cinderella's former captor.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Premier Cat

I think Neelix's former foster family would be delighted to know how well he's doing, and that hes found a wonderful forever home!!up:

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Tom Cat

They would love it I'm sure!! I have self fostered numerous cats and 3 dogs. I love getting updates. If I'm having a bad day I just go and re read some emails I get or texts and it helps. I got my yellow lab from a very high kill pound. I gave them an update on him and how well he was doing(he is my 4-H dog). They shared his story and before and after pics. Which ended up getting a few dogs adopted(they said they were unsure until they read his story). So sometimes those updates can help more than just reassuring the foster family or rescue/shelter.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Premier Cat

I'm also sure they would LOVE to know he was happy and well and had fur friends to play with!! I for one would love to know how my kittens are doing. When Zane and Zack were adopted I never met the people so I left a note for them on their paperwork on the pick up cage (after they are neutered the new parents pick them up from the vet suite). They never contacted me at all. I don't really worry so much as wonder how they are doing, plus I'd LOVE to see how handsome they turn out a adults.

The new mom of Lenny my orange Manx frequently sends me emails with pics and even invited us over to see him!

I think if more people realized how beneficial it is to adopt a fostered kitten they might update the foster parents more often. I think they make for VERY well adjusted cats if socialized properly in a home setting.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page