Another Cat Litter Question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Another Cat Litter Question

I had been using a certain brand for years without issue. For a few weeks now I've checked multiple locations of ths same store and the shelves remained empty. I recieved this e-mail today from the rep of one of the stores. Anybody have any experience with this 'new' litter?

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding Purina Original Cat Litter. This brand was discontinued by Purina. We were the last to carry it, they've since removed it from all retailers. They are now producing 'Tidy Cats' Litter.

I hope that this helps.

Do not hesitate to contact us for future questions, comments or suggestions.

Sincerely,

Shelley"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Premier Cat

There are many varieties of Tidy Cats Litter! I see them everywhere in all the stores!

I personally haven't tried it but have a friend who did and I seriously had to put on a face mask when they asked me to visit their cats for feeding and scooping their litter box when they were out on vacation. I don't think they realized how strong that scent was, or perhaps I'm extra sensitive to scents in general? It's weird, because my friend who owns those cats does not like scented soaps, shampoos, etc.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbCatt View Post
There are many varieties of Tidy Cats Litter! I see them everywhere in all the stores!

I personally haven't tried it but have a friend who did and I seriously had to put on a face mask when they asked me to visit their cats for feeding and scooping their litter box when they were out on vacation. I don't think they realized how strong that scent was, or perhaps I'm extra sensitive to scents in general? It's weird, because my friend who owns those cats does not like scented soaps, shampoos, etc.
What do you use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Premier Cat

Unscented scoopable clay. At the moment it's Integrity Multicat. I pay $14.99 for a 40 lb bag (locally made, which I support), but it's that or Dr. Elsey's in the blue bag. Integrity is dustier, but both are unscented which I do like. I once tried Scoop Away, and it nearly drove me away from scooping, lol. My cats smelled like their scented litter, too, which I totally detested and had a difficult time cuddling/petting them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbCatt View Post
Unscented scoopable clay. At the moment it's Integrity Multicat. I pay $14.99 for a 40 lb bag (locally made, which I support), but it's that or Dr. Elsey's in the blue bag. Integrity is dustier, but both are unscented which I do like. I once tried Scoop Away, and it nearly drove me away from scooping, lol. My cats smelled like their scented litter, too, which I totally detested and had a difficult time cuddling/petting them.
I thought Purina Original was unscented. I had been using it for so long that the only thing I remember is it came in a red bag of 17 lbs for about $9,and in a box 30 lbs for about $15..I don't recall smelling anything scented..I think it containes baking soda(don't most?).
I was looking at one(I have it written down at work),that claims to sift it 4 times so there's very little dust...Cats sure are like a puzzle..Sorry for delay..I'm in Canada and had to do conversion from kg's to lb's......

Home Hardware - 14kg Original Cat LItter

Last edited by RatAndMop; 08-27-2014 at 06:54 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, right! 40 lbs is about 18 kgs, so sorry, I forgot you're in Canada, so it's all metric there! Yes, I love unscented litter without much dust as possible. Tidy cats come in: Cat Litter Selector from Tidy CatsŪ

My friend used the "glade" one. Ugh...that scent stayed in my nose for the rest of the day! No more scented stuff for me. I think Arm and Hammer is another brand that makes unscented, but it comes in scented variety too...I think some folks prefer it, thinking it counteracts the odor problems. I used to just add plain old baking soda into my own litter box if it ever got so intolerable, and scooping as often as I could. It's just that after the switch over to mainly raw food, there's hardly any lingering odor, and less waste. So it benefits me as well as my cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page