Name Tags - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Name Tags

Do you guys have name tags for your cats? Cheddar will be an indoor cat and I just love name tags to begin with. Plus, what if he were to accidentally get out the door one day. He will be microchipped when he gets neutered but I really don't have much faith in those anyways.

I have these for my dogs and would like to one day get one made for Cheddar. They can make any design you want or get a design that's already there. I'm not too artistic or creative, so anyone got any ideas on a design that would suit Cheddar?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TagMePe...0257719&page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Premier Cat

I've ordered one for every cat we've had. When they die I glue it to a rock and place it where we scatter their ashes in the garden.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Tom Cat

Those are cute. I have one for each of our indoor kitties just in case. I just got ours from Petsmart, they are in the shape of fish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Cat

Ours won't really keep their collars on, so I haven't worried about it.. Although I would like to get them tags. Mainly because they are sweet but also just in case they do happen to ever get out.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Tom Cat

Cherry doesn't wear a collar anymore. When she did wear one, I tried putting her tag from the shelter on it. She hated the way it touched her chest and it ended up disappearing. I think I found it again, but I'm not sure.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Premier Cat

All my boys HAVE collars with tags, I keep them in the pocket of the soft sided carrier. They are all also microchipped.

The only time I use their tags is if Im taking them OUT of the apartment for some reason or another. Just in case someone escapes in transit.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I got my dogs these ones and I really like them and they last forever. I used to get the ones from the pet store but always had to replace every year as the writing would wear off. I choose one for Devon but want to wait until it becomes official that he's staying, so don't want to jinx it. This is the one I like for Devon: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1679805..._home_active_7

Are there any creative designers out there? The people who make these tags will make custom ones but i'm just not that creative to come up with something that screams "Cheddar".

I was thinking of this one, you know...cheese...mouse, or is it too cheezy? (no pun intended ha ha)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1307977...home_active_17

or should I choose one like this to kind of go with the moon theme, it just doesn't look like a "Cheddar" tag.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7935554...home_active_23
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Cat Addict

I do the same thing as MowMow. My kitties are naked in the house, but if they are going out for ANY reason, they wear their collars and tags (of which they probably have more than I have clothes, haha!). Of course they are all microchipped as well.

I'd recommend Lupine or Red Dingo products for high quality tags if you are in the market. Both brands have a ton of different styles, and are guaranteed...if you can't read them anymore, they will replace them for free.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Tom Cat

I love tags, but unfortunately they kept getting stuck on the magnet at the bottom of the cat door, so my cats are currently without.
One of my previous cats always found a way to take Femme's collar off during play. So after loosing the second one, I decided its not worth the trouble.
At least microchips can't get lost.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
I'd recommend Lupine or Red Dingo products for high quality tags if you are in the market. Both brands have a ton of different styles, and are guaranteed...if you can't read them anymore, they will replace them for free.
Those are nice but I much prefer the look and heavy duty of the Tag Me Pets. I also like the etched look in brass. My dogs have them for several years now and they still look brand new.

I need help with finding one that suits Cheddar or help designing one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page