PSA from Neelix - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

PSA from Neelix

When Mr. Mean GrumpyP.ants starts chasing Shepherd Book, it's NOT an invitation for everyone to play.

I tried to join in the fun and jumped on MowMow's back when he was chasing Shepherd Book and he .....he TURNED ON ME! At first I was running blind just looking for a place to hide, then I saw Mom standing in the bedroom doorway and hightailed it to her. She scooped me up JUST before Mean GrumpyPants caught me! He yeowled at her but she told him no, that I was still too little. PHEW!

So, stay away from Mean GrumpyPants if you see him!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

My name is Shepherd Book and I approve this message. (Oh God, is he gone yet? Someone save me!)

Signed,
Shepherd Book
President KidderCat Club, Big Uns division.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Premier Cat

Aww, poor Neelix!! Someday, little fellow, you will be a big as Mr. Mean GrumpyPants and can take him in a head lock complete with bunny kick for good measure!! Until then keep eating your spinach (or whatever mom feeds you because it's all good!).

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Cat Addict

Poor little Neelix...he just wanted to play. Grown up's are NOT fun sometimes. LOL!!! I can just imagine the scene, and it did make me laugh.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Yeah, things have gotten a little TOO real for his taste lately.

I've been way less tolerant of bad behavior. Last night he tried to escape with the sponge out of the kitchen sink and I didn't realize I sounded so harsh.. but when I yelled at him to drop it he did... and ran into his room. A few seconds later he peeked around the corner of the door frame like "You still psycho?" I was more shocked than angry. If I hadn't noticed and caught him in time he would have eaten of it, I was scared it would damage him. When he peeked out I cracked up and he let out a loud open mouthed YAAAOOOWWWWW at me. So I called him to me.... he was so cute when he barreled across the apartment and dove onto my lap like, "YAY! FUN mom is back!!!"

Then mean MowMow attacked him this morning... that scared the bejeezus out of him.

Lately he went from being very timid and respectful around MowMow to dive bombing him. Each time he gets hit by MowMow and I scold him verbally but now he dive bombs and just runs into his room giving himself a time out. He KNOWS the drill... but sometimes he just can't help himself.

Last edited by MowMow; 10-08-2014 at 03:47 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Banned

Lol, what a cutie. I'm not surprised he got scared out of his wits being attacked by MowMow - unfortunately a kitten his age isn't going to have much self-control, or be able to 'remember' consequences - he just sees and pounces lol. As we talk about so often on here that's why two kittens together make out so much better because they both love to wrestle and play non-stop pretty much. Do you attempt to correct MowMow when he goes after the other two cats?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Correct MowMow? I'm sorry.... this does not compute...

In my house correcting MowMow means picking him up and giving him kisses and cuddles while saying, "no, MowMow, that's not being a nice schmoooshyface...." Then because he's so cute he gets scratches and possibly treats.

MowMow doesn't go after Neelix unless it's to correct Neelix and he never uses his claws on him so I don't correct him for that. I do scold Neelix and shamefully (Yes, I admit it) pick up MowMow and coo apologies to him about mean little kittens with no respect. Seriously, he's a giganto Mama's boy.

MowMow *DOES* attack Book. At least a few times a week, the only time I step in is if it's late at night and it might be disruptive to the downstairs neighbors. He chases Book around the apartment while Book screams like a little girl (the entire time he's running, he's screaming) until he finds a place to protect himself, usually behind the headboard or behind the toilet. Then he stands and faces MowMOw (still screaming) and they have a slapping fight (picture two teenager girls slapping at each other's hands).... MowMow gets bored and wanders off meowing plaintively because life is hard and no one wants to 'play' with him.

It's easier in the winter because I've got two feliways plugged in and that calms MowMow and greatly reduces the attacks on Book. I unplug them in the summer though, with all the windows open there's not point in using them.

It drives my mom nuts when she visits. How I coo at MowMow and call him a fragile delicate old man.... after he's just put the beat down on poor Book.

Last edited by MowMow; 10-08-2014 at 04:16 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Wow - I have to say this makes me really sad for Book, and I have to agree with your mother. I could never tolerate my cat feeling that scared, and screaming and running around trying to find a place to hide without getting any protection from me, unless it's going to upset the neighbors. I'm sorry but I have to say it doesn't seem like much of a life, and even seems cruel. At least this explains why MowMow feels he can do no wrong.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Tom Cat

Awww, poor Nelix. At least fun mom is back to rescue him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

MowMow can do no wrong. It's a fact. He's my first kitty ever, my angel, and my little soul mate. Is he a jerk sometimes? You bet! He's my little jerk though and if someone doesn't like him, they can put me on ignore and not read about him.

It's not every day all day that it's like that. A few times a week for a short period of time(5 minutes tops) MowMow gets some hair to chase Book. Book knows exactly where to run to be safe and that's what he does. He's not running around "looking for a place to hide" he's running straight (usually) to a spot where he can be protected on 3 sides and defend himself. He's not a complete dolt.

MowMow has NEVER hurt him, he's never been bloodied or hurt. MowMow keeps his claws sheathed and has never bitten Book, the only one who has ever come out of it scathed is MowMow with scratches on his nose from Book lashing out at him (which I agree he deserves). If Book would NOT run and just turn and face MowMow he would back right down.

Despite what it sounds like, I watch them closely and if I felt that someone was being HURT I would step in immediately, but that's never happened. The moment MowMow gets bored and wanders off Book pops out of his hiding place (not creeping or scared) and goes about his business with his tail up and never acts afraid.

Book spends 99.9% of his time chilling wherever he wants with no problem whatsoever. They lay next to each other, he grooms MOwMow (and Neelix), and he sleeps next to me at night WITH MowMow..every night all night. They share beds, pillows, and litterboxes with no issues.

He is just as much of a jerk with MowMow as the other way around. Each meal (3x per day) he's a putz and runs around punching MowMow in the face while I dish up the food. He runs in, hits him and then runs away....then comes back and hits him and runs away. I don't step in then either.

Both MOwMow chasing him and Book punching MowMOw can be solved by either one sticking up for themselves. If Book stood up to MowMow and let him have it (he actually outweighs MowMow and is pure muscle compared to MowMow being underweight and having little muscle tone, it's not like he's overpowered) then he'd back right down, Mow is a giant wussy. If MowMow hit Book back during mealtimes instead of just crying, Book would stop punching him.

He's not "scared" of MowMow, he doesn't hide or cower. He wanders around of his own free will and doesn't creep around scared or anything. He moves around the apartment with his head and tail and ears up all the time.

*Oh, and the picture of Book above is not because of MowMOw, that's when I had that dog I wanted to adopt. Book was watching the dog, not MowMow

Last edited by MowMow; 10-08-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page