The great balloon caper! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The great balloon caper!

I brought home 2 balloons last night from work. I thought Neelix would get a real kick out of them and WOW did he. He would pull it down from the ceiling by the ribbon and drag it all over the apartment.

I admit I was quite liking it. He was always easy to find, just follow the moving balloon.

Book did *NOT* agree. He was VERY leery of the balloons. This morning it all came to a head. Neelix was running around with the ribbon and the balloon was following him. He passed book and the Ballooon went on on side, Neelix on the other. Well Book wigged out and tried to run... but Neelix was NOT letting go of his beloved ribbon.

Book got super tangled in the ribbon and freaked out worse. He ran with the balloon bouncing off his back. I tried to catch him but no way.... he cleared everything off the counter. Including my canister set which of course all popped open dumping flour, brown sugar, and oatmeal all over the dining room carpet. He knocked my iMac right off my desk (and took everything else with it), knocked my TV and blu ray player onto the floor, knocked my turntable over as well as the DVD rack and Record holder. Then he headed into the bathroom where he knocked everything off the counter (including the new apotochary set I made earlier this year), took everything off my dresser and night stand. He was making his second lap and the balloon ribbon snapped (finally). He went into the pot cabinet and stayed for HOURS.

He FINALLY ventured out about 1/2 an hour ago and the first thing he saw was.... the ballon on the ceiling (where I can't reach it now that the ribbon snapped). Back into the pot cabinet. I finally blocked the apartment door opened and worked the balloon through the door with the broom. It's not soaring free and Book... well he's still hiding.

I feel so bad for him. He's always so timid but this.... this was really awful for him. That thing attacked him and tried to savage him.... At least he thinks so and I'll never be able to convince him otherwise.

As for me, it'll take days to clean up all this mess. It looks like my apartment has been ransacked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Poor Book!

I can't even imagine having to clean up this mess.

Hurricane Book. Category 5.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Premier Cat

I a. So sorry, poor Book! However, I was laughing as I read it. It was like out of a sitcom or a cartoon! I hope that the poor baby recovers from the ballon attack and that you recover from the shock of your poor ransacked apartment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I was kind of hoping there was a video at the end of the story but I guess that would have been beyond cruel. Poor Book...

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Cat Addict

Oh poor Book and poor you! Hope the clear up doesn't take too long and looks worse than it is.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Ok... I'm a crappy cat mom but I admit it. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt while he was racing around..... I thought I was going to hyperventilate. He was trashing the place but I was laughing and all the time hoping he wouldn't hurt himself AND that the balloon wouldn't pop, I was afraid that noise would fracture his little psyche forever.

I let him WATCH me from the pot cabinet while I turned the balloon loose outside. So now he's out and about. A bit jumpy still but feeling much safer. He's also a LOT more affectionate than normal. He's always friendly but right now he's all about Mom holding him.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Cat Addict

Well, getting extra affection is the bonus. Kind of every balloon has a silver lining LoL
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Premier Cat

Well, of course he is! Mom saved him and chased the horrible monster out of the house. You are his hero!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Cat Addict

OMG I am so with you Mow! I would have felt terribly guilty... but would have died laughing! poor Book, and poor apartment.

But I wish there was a vid, too lol

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Today I learned that cinnamon stains a beige carpet. I'm going to have to bring a carpet cleaner now..... it sort of needed it after Neelix dragged potting soil everywhere. Now this, there's no getting around it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page