Shopping for cat trees - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Shopping for cat trees

I have come to the conclusion that kitty will need a new climbing structure soon. I live in a small townhouse, so I don't have a lot of room for this. I am overwhelmed by all the choices out there. Any advice on how to choose? My main concern is something that won't tip over when he scampers to the top of it.

This is the one we currently have. It wobbles when he jumps up on it too quickly. http://t.petco.com/product/123145/Tr...lies_Furniture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Cat

I got one from Walmart that went to the ceiling. It was simple, inexpensive and didn't take up a lot of floor space. I liked that I could secure it to the ceiling for extra stability.

TRIXIE Santander Adjustable Cat Tree - Walmart.com

I don't know what happened to that cat tree! I lost it in a couple of moves.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Cool Cat

I have two cat trees, one from eBay and one from Amazon.

Cat Tree 80" Condo Furniture Scratching Post Pet Cat Kitten House High Quality | eBay

They're both pretty tall, and are pretty sturdy. But if Elllie runs up it with a vengeance when she's in a crazy mood, they do both wobble a bit, but nothing serious that's ever bothered me or the cats. I would say the Amazon one is the most sturdy of the two, but not by too much. My cats are both under 10 pounds, though.

I live in a somewhat smaller 2 bedroom apartment, and these two cat trees don't take up too much space at all! The eBay one especially fits nicely in the corner of our tight office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Kitten

I usually get my towers from petco.com since I can just return them at the store if they seem too wobbly. Last time however, Drs Foster & Smith was having a good sale so I ended up with this...

Cat Furniture & Trees|Armarkat Classic Cat Tree A7202

A bit of an over-kill if you just have one cat but it is sturdy and does not take up much floor space.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Cat Addict

I have the same tree as NightOwl. I have had it for 3-4 years. I had 5 cats and 7 foster kits on it at one time. It has never wobbled. even under hard play. takes up more floor space then a corner model, but made of sturdy stuff.. though with some of the heavy scratchers I have. (Jack has claws that rip denim to shreds and he is the only cat I know without the ability to retract his claws.. so he scratches a lot) one of the sisal posts is starting to show wear. But they sell replacement posts!! Well worth the pricetag.

Did I forget.. easy to assemble!

Last edited by BotanyBlack; 11-03-2014 at 07:27 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Kitten

Send a message via Yahoo to crystalnicole
Amazon alllll the way! You will not find a bigger selection for great prices. I've found that the ones sold in stores are soooo expensive and not that great at all. I recently bought this one for Lulu and she absolutely loves it. It's perfect:

The company 'Go Pet Club' has a variety of other options/colors as well, I'd def recommend checking out their Amazon shop:

Hope this helps! Good luck

Crystal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Jr. Cat

We have two big Armarkat trees which have held up great for over 5 years. Sturdy too, we've had three kitty maniacs climbing and jumping on those things. I replaced a couple of the sisal posts (you can order any parts on their site) that were the favorite posts for my cats to scratch. They don't take up a ton of room, we had one for our guys when we were in a fairly small apartment. That one held up so well we have it in the house now and it still looks great, I vacuum it a lot and it looks really nice.

I just stumbled across those Go Pet Club ones on Amazon today, those look awesome too, and they are much cheaper if you buy through Amazon than their website.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Cat

Cat tree deal.

Just going to put this here...

Not sure how long they will last, but as far as I know they have been active for a couple days.

Petsmart has free shipping for $50+ and free shipping on everything all day today (What's left of it). Armarkat stuff is selling at a great price imo and you can add code HURRAY1114 for an extra $10 off. The code might work for other stuff too, not sure. I bought a 68" Ivory tree for $58 shipped to my door. Worth looking into.

Cat Furniture: Cat Towers & Condos | PetSmart

Amazon also has them on sale if you prefer going that route.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Premier Cat

Until this past weekend, all of mine have been Drs. Foster & Smith's own brand. I've had this one for at least 8 years and just ordered a new one. Aside from some of the carpet inside the tunnel part being scratched, it's held up really well. The reason for the new one is that I'm hoping to get rid of every last flea here. Cat Trees & Furniture: Drs. Foster & Smith Classi-Cat Treehouse

I also had the megal spiral, and they used to have a very simple cat tree that went all the way to the ceiling, but they don't sell it anymore.

They're more expensive than most, but I found the quality really good. The posts are thicker than most other brands, and they feel really sturdy.

I bought this one from Wayfair: New Cat Condos 42" Premeire Cat Climber Cat Tree & Reviews | Wayfair

I looked at several, and all the ones I liked were by this company. The quality seems pretty good.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page