Cleaning up cat hair - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Cleaning up cat hair

The cat hair doesn't really come off my sofa or clothes that well with a clothes brush thing or the tape roller. I saw this glove thing at Target. Has anyone tried it at all?

Simple Solution Pet Hair Cleanup System Hair Lif... : Target
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Cat

I've heard those work well, but never owned one myself. I have this thing that looks like a yellow sponge that works pretty good ...it feels like...almost like its made of some sort of rubber and the hair sticks to it then you can just pull it off when it gets full. I've tried the tape also....not as good as they make it look...if anyone could ever come up with something that really worked they would be rich...that's for sure...

I tried putting a link below that I found that looks like what I have...sorry if it doesn't work...not sure how to put links in here..

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/laundry/laundryDetergentsClothingCare?productId=10020631&c i_src={ifpla:17588969}{ifpe:27500988}&ci_sku=10043 363&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=44-20220689-2&utm_source=channelintelligence&utm_medium=feed&u tm_campaign=google
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 09:37 PM
Cat Addict

[QUOTE=stevescott213;2280097]
I tried putting a link below that I found that looks like what I have...sorry if it doesn't work...not sure how to put links in here..

this??
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/l...020631&N=80458
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

The sponge thing reminds me of a thing I had that was supposed to clean lamp shades. I don't think I ever tried it. I wonder what happened to that!

Anyway, thanks for the info.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Premier Cat

The best thing I've found for fabrics is a damp paper towel. It works better than sticky tape or any other gadget. Actually, damp hands work well too.

I had a rubber curry brush that worked well, especially if I wet it a little. Essentially, anything rubber should work well. Someone here recommended just the kind of rubber glove you wear to do dishes.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Cat

Gizmo. Yup the one I have looks just like that.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Cat Addict

I sure hope my vacuum gets all the fur off my sofas because last time I had some company without pets, they were cleaning fur off themselves so it wouldn't get in their car.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
The best thing I've found for fabrics is a damp paper towel. It works better than sticky tape or any other gadget. Actually, damp hands work well too.

I had a rubber curry brush that worked well, especially if I wet it a little. Essentially, anything rubber should work well. Someone here recommended just the kind of rubber glove you wear to do dishes.
HA! sprite!!! i was gonna say damp hands!!!! that works for me
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Kitten

Best of luck to you!! I had a long haired all white cat whose fur was so fine it stuck to everything. I used to use the masking tape on a roll and it did moderately well but I don't think it would have worked well on a coach with deep coarse fabric. I learned to wear clothes that the hair didn't stick too very well like it never really stuck to blue jeans. It was very embarrassing when friends left covered with my cats hair. His coat was very thick and long and it accumulated everywhere. I loved that cat to death but I swore my next cat would be a short hair. That's what I got and at 4 months she doesn't seem to shed a bit but I bet she'll start to shed as she matures but the hair is much coarser. After 11 years with my snow ball maker it was worth every minute. I also have a large coarse long haired Aussie whose hair is much easier than my long haired cat to clean up after. Good luck with the damp paper towels and enjoy your friend!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Tom Cat

A damp cloth or strong paper towel works well. That's what I do to get the hair out of my car seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page