Cat Trees from Stores Vs Online - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Cat Trees from Stores Vs Online

Im close to ordering this tree which is the most elaborate i can find, if you know of something of better quality please link me..

73-inch Bungalow Cat Furniture Tree Condo - Overstock™ Shopping - The Best Prices on Majestic Pet Products Cat Furniture

I live on Maui so we have few stores, we have a local pet store, petco and costco, would any of these stores carry anything of similar quality or only smaller trees?

I ask because on top of the $200 price tag I will need to pay about $130.00 to ship..I also do plan on creating some of my own furniture or even expanding a tree that I purchase..

Im close to ordering but I want more feedback, this of course will be for a ragdoll kitten I plan on getting in upcoming months..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Cat

You can buy it on ebay for cheaper. Here is one for $69.99 with free shipping. New 73" Cat Tree Scratcher Play House Condo Furniture Toy Bed Post Pet House 90 | eBay
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I saw that but unfortunatly I live in Hawaii and majority of them does not ship here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Premier Cat

Unfortunately, I don't think that seller ships to Hawaii (read exclusions). I've lived in O'ahu before, this is one of the big drawbacks of living in Hawai'i.

How about Amazon? I belive shipping to Hawai'i is free, if you have prime. Otherwise, a year of prime membership is $99, or you could also see if you could do a free "trial" of prime membership. (It's still cheaper than buying from Overstock!) And it would take between 3-7 business days to get it, instead of your normal 2-day shipping as most of us on the continental US gets. But as long as the items are from Amazon and not a third party, their customer service is very good, if anything happens along the way before receiving your merchandise...I have had small mishaps, and it was all resolved perfectly through their customer service chat online or via phone call, I can't remember.

Free trial of prime link below. Unfortunately I can't see how long their trial period is, since I'm a prime member myself--perhaps others can help or give you better and cheaper buying options, too. Good luck, Burt!

post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Cat

We got our 2 cat trees from Petco.
This is one of them we have Petco Premium Tree Terrace for Cats - Cat Furniture Tree Scratching Post - petco.com
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Armarkat 74-inch Jungle Gym Cat Tree (A7401) - Overstock™ Shopping - The Best Prices on Armarkat Cat Furniture

That one also catches my eye

I would be willing to do prime but I spent a hour on amazon my favorite shopping site and could not find any substantially large cat tree that would let me checkout. I do not know if Prime would go around this loophole because most trees state it cannot be shipped to my address.

I take it petco and costco only sells smaller less elaborate trees..
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Cat

Amazon Prime Trial is 1 month you have to cancel it on time, if you don't want to pay for it.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Premier Cat

Shucks, I think that link to the free trial of Amazon prime was a dud. Don't know why it didn't work.

Here's another link, but you'll have to look to the far left column to find the "Sign up for free trial" and click on that for more info.

Aack, ok I just read your last comment. Have you tried contacting customer service about why you can't check out? That's weird.

The other option (and prolly cheaper) is that you could also build your own, since you're pretty handy with tools.

Last edited by TabbCatt; 02-15-2015 at 01:37 PM.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Cat

Here is one you can bid 73" Cat Tree Condo Furniture Scratch Post Pet House Beige Paw Playground | eBay
shipping is $19.99 and it didn't say excluding Hawaii.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Yes I would say 90 percent of what I buy comes from Amazon and believe me half the products I want are large and cannot be shipped to me. I have contacted customer service numerous times pertaining to shipping with no progress or solution.

I have thought about building my own but the time involved as well as materials really put me off...Carpet, Contact Cement, Wood and many hours scratching my head lol...

I might have a look at petco and costco and perhaps I can add to the tower if its too small for my liking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page