CFHS Is Out To Prove That Real Men Love Cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

CFHS Is Out To Prove That Real Men Love Cats

Which month are you? CGHS looking for real-life men and their cats for the 2016 Cats & Bros calendar

Not since the Village People parodied gender typecasting in the song Macho Man, has the tough-guy image been so heavily challenged toÖ well, get over itself.

Yes, the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies has decided to shatter the stereotypical image of dog being manís best friend by challenging guys to come clean and go public with calendar-worthy photos of the ladies they spend their evenings with Ė their cats! Címon dudes, we know you have them. And we think itís sexy!

Read the rest of the article at: CFHS Is Out To Prove That Real Men Love Cats - PetGuide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:13 PM
Premier Cat

I'm not male, but just wondering...do these guys need to be Canadian residents or is this open for any man who adore cats from around the world?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:52 PM
Cat

I think it a fantastic idea.
I was a cat hater for the first 52 years of my life before my first cat, Colonel, found me. He crossed 2 years ago. Wish I had a photo of him and I together. I now have 3 cats and all of them combined couldn't hold a candle to the bond Colonel and I had.

I work in a steel mill and didn't talk about my cat. You know, not to moncho. We were having a week of shutdown and would have a morning meeting where the primary focus was on safety. We would have a round robin where everyone would have to give a safety tip.

I am a cook and had just saw a recipe for Kitty Litter cake. No it doesn't have litter in it, but it looks very realistic. I decided to make one. I bought a new litter box and made the cake. I started out my presentation along the lines of, "My cat work all night to make this cake for all of you. I hope all my human's teammates go home to their pets the same way they came in." It was very successful. I was amazed how many of my teammates approached me with stories about their cats afterwards. Yes the mill is very very male dominate.
We are out there.

My cats aren't spoilt, Just well loved.

Last edited by Marshel; 03-31-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 11:04 PM
Premier Cat

Marshel,
My hubby wasn't a cat person to begin with...but I already had cats and a dog, when he came into my life...I let it be known, that the cats weren't going anywhere! I, and my fur family were a package deal!
Now after several years, the last time little graves were dug in our back yard, he was shedding tears too...
They do work their way into our hearts!
This last year on the forum, I've been really happy to see more guys joining!
It adds a lot to the forum, I think!
So sorry about Colonel...there are always "The Special Ones"...♡♡
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 02:25 AM
Premier Cat

Aw, when I saw CFHS, I thought "Cat Forum...?" and was trying to figure out the HS. We should do a CF version. I'll buy one!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Cat

Cool idea I suppose, I love my kitties for sure!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Tom Cat

One of our local rescue groups, Street Cats, has been doing a Men With Cats calendar for several years now. Every year it sells very well.
Where Can I buy a Street Cat Men with Cats 2015 Calendar? | SCAT Street Cat Rescue
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Tom Cat

I remember the transformation of a young engineer that I worked with about 15 years ago.
First it was:
"This weekend I'm going to the SPCA with my girlfriend to pick out HER new cat".
Then it was:
"This weekend I'm going to Rona to buy supplies to make a cat tree for OUR new cat."
Then it was:
"This weekend we're going house hunting and I want one with a well fenced yard so that MY cat can go outside."

Last edited by marie73; 06-03-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page