Kitten Gift Ideas Needed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Kitten Gift Ideas Needed

My friends are going to adopt two young kittens and I want to put a little something together. They have had cats in the past so they already have a bed and a basket of toys collars, bowls etc. I know they lack wand type toys so I'm going to get a da bird toy with refills. I'm also thinking of adding some anti-icky poo. Any other ideas?

I haven't had a real kitten in years so if you have a favorite kitten oriented toy or supply please share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Premier Cat

When my downstairs neighbors got a kitten I gave them a little gift basket with 4 or 5 cans of really good quality food (kind of a hint hint hint), a wand toy with refills, some little bell toys, a new kitty bowl, and a soft baby blanket I found for her.

ETA: Oh yeah also a brush (for a short hair kitty) and NAIL CLIPPERS for the kitty with a note in there saying I'd be happy to help them trim her nails whenever they wanted. They DID take me up on it and raved about how much less damage she was doing. LOL. Now she gets them done (by them) every week.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Cool Cat

Cardboard scratchers! You can find some really cheap on Amazon, at HomeGoods/TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory, etc. They were lifesavers when my girls were kittens! I always had a few in every room and put some catnip in them (usually comes with). It taught them what was okay to scratch. I gift these to people who get new cats that have declawed in the past, trying to sway them not to (also with only a small lecture about how cruel it is...)

These are two of my girls' favorites. They like the incline one to stretch and scratch, and the bed one is their favorite for hanging out in and scratching.

I got the incline one for $5 at Burlington, and the green one for around $15 at HomeGoods. The prices on Amazon aren't too bad, though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Cat

Alot of people reccomend the bird toy.

Cats are awesome special friends my cats are Oliver Whizzer Bull and Tarot
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Tom Cat

What is anti-icky poo? sounds interesting..

Last edited by marie73; 05-09-2015 at 12:29 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Cat Addict

Tell them to save the box.. after the kittens look at everything else. It will be the box they want to play with.

I have been shopping at costco. They put your groceries in boxes instead of bags. Every time I put up groceries. my 19 (20!!) year old cat will be in the box before I even turn around. I can't bring myself to throw them away for hours!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BotanyBlack; 04-11-2015 at 10:20 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Cat Addict

Fleece. If you're clever, you can sew it into a little pad or blanket. But really you can just buy fleece by the yard at a fabric store and stick it in a shoe box and you have a cat magnet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Premier Cat

I agree with Jeff! Fleece is a cat magnet!:p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Cat Addict

My cats LOVE fleece. easy to make kitty pads out of and comes in may colors designs to fit in with the decor. So third this vote!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Premier Cat

These are my favorites:

A good quality scratcher with the ball track. Hours of fun. A tower of balls on tracks and a crinkle tube. All my foster kittens have loved all of these!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cat scratcher1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	84682

Name:	cat toy tower.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	84690

Name:	crinkle tunnel.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	84698

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page