Kind of worried here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Kind of worried here

On Saturday im going to NYC with my mom and cousin to see the lion king. So that means that dad will be in charge of the animals.

We are leaving the house at 10am. Not sure what time we will be back home. Late at night I suppose.

I'm going to leave dry food down for the cats up in my bedroom(that's where they eat anyways---not all 9 of them). Im thinking about skipping there dinner (canned food) because I don't want to get the kitties all stirred up late at night. (it gets a tad hairy at dinner time).

But my main worry is that dad wont clean the 4 litter boxes. I'll clean them before we go. but I would like him to check on the boxes during the day and clean them if they need it.

I'll have to ask him during the week. I hope he does it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Cat Addict

If Dad won't do it, can you pay someone to stop in and do it? Personally, I have college aged kids in the neighborhood who have been helpful with my cat feeding and litter box cleaning in the past.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

You're not even going to be gone 24 hours. Clean them right before you leave and it'll be fine. It's not your Dad's job.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Im not going to pay someone to clean the 4 boxes. Dad will be home all day. I have 2 dogs too that he will be watching/walking.

I like to keep the boxes clean for them. i clean them many times through out the day. so they are used to having a clean bathroom.

Last edited by marie73; 06-21-2015 at 10:34 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Premier Cat

I don't remember exactly how many cats you have, but if you're that worried, I'd put out additional LARGE litter boxes so your cats will have more of a choice and somewhat less dirty boxes later in the day.

Of course, cleaning more litter boxes isn't a pleasant thing, but that's one of the drawbacks and responsibilites of having multiple felines in your home. I'm sure others who have many cats can attest that having more boxes will likely decrease the chances of an accident.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Cat Addict

It would probably be easier on your Dad too, if you kept Thomas in his room while you're gone.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebraskaCat View Post
It would probably be easier on your Dad too, if you kept Thomas in his room while you're gone.
i plan on it.
but dad will still have to check on him. :] (food/water/litter box check)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCatzGirl View Post
☆no more replies on the litter boxes. this was just a little worry post. sorry.
Not sure what sort of reply you expect to read. We can't make sure your dad cleans the lotterboxes, we can't clean them for you. The only other option is having someone come in and clean them, but you shot that idea down.

He'll either do it, or he won't. Either way it's less than one full day and its not likely to be a catastrophe.

ETA: I sure hope dad got an amazing dad's day gift. He sounds like a saint.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Ask him, not sure why you haven't already. And if he says no...no big deal, you do it when you get home. Or not. The cats will survive for one day. Much Ado About Nothing.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page