Carrier suggestions - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Carrier suggestions

I have 2 cats that both weight 7.5 lbs and are a little over 1 year old, close to 1.5. I'd like to take them in the same carrier to the vet. Every time I look at carriers at the store, I can't make a decision!

So, can anyone suggest a specific carrier that would work?

The one I have is now to small for either of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Cool Cat

For 2 cats, you could just get a small dog crate. They have them at any pet store. I'm not sure of the brand that I used for my dogs because I let someone borrow it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

I have one like this, but I'm pretty sure mine is larger. I love it, I put the twins in there together.

If you google "soft large cat carriers" you'll get a lot of ideas.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks. I can find a lot of them but I don't know how big it should be! Do you know about how big yours is?

Last edited by marie73; 07-04-2015 at 04:52 PM.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Premier Cat

G-PEG,
I've been using this for my two kitties trip to the vet:

(except my top is brown instead of blue, but currently the brown costs a lot more!)

Granted, it's big, bulky, and heavy (especially with 2 ten pounders inside), but they fit and cuddle close to the other during the short ride to the vet clinic. If however, your vet is a long ride, you might consider something bigger.

I'd love to get a soft carrier, but my kitties would nibble and claw at the mesh or other parts of the fabric, I'm sure. I've had a canvas travel bag they've taken a liking to scratching already, so it wouldn't work for me, but I'm sure it works fine for others. Let us know which one you eventually get, I'd be curious to know since I'm always taking my two in even if only one needs to be seen.

Good luck!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

19" high, 18" wide and 24" long. Plenty of room for both bratz. When I visit my vet, I get so many compliments on it. I got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond ($19.00) about 8 years ago, but they haven't sold this one in years. One of my all-time best purchases. I bought two but I haven't seen the other one in ages, I may have let someone borrow it and never got it back.

I've seen some really nice ones for dogs, you might try googling that instead of cats.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbCatt View Post
Thanks. I have a little pink one like this and it seems like they should fit. I could never get my other cat in it though because the opening is small and when I tried she splayed her legs out! I see this one has a top door, so maybe it would work. I am a tiny big hesitant to get a cloth bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
19" high, 18" wide and 24" long.
Thanks, good to know size at least. I found yours and read some reviews on Amazon. One said it no longer has plywood in the bottom, just a foam mat so they fall into their hole. Ha ha. I could easily add a piece of plywood.

Last edited by marie73; 07-04-2015 at 06:01 PM.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Premier Cat

The top door makes it easy for the anyone to take the kitties out of the carrier. Especially on the vet's exam table. I've had mine since my two were kittens, so it was roomy then. Not so much anymore, but they do keep each other comforted during car rides and when at the clinic lounge where some dogs are, though I try to sit away from the pooches for them.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Premier Cat

G-PEG,
The only thing I'll say, is whatever carrier you end up with, make it one that also has the top entry! It is so much easier to get cats in, and out of!!:p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mine doesn't have top entry, but I turn it on its end to drop the cats in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page