Litter mat to reduce litter scatter? - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Jr. Cat

I use the Purrfect ones linked from Amazon above. LOVE THEM. But, I also had to switch to gigantic storage bins for litter, because my younger cat (almost 1), pees against the side and then flings litter like crazy to cover things up... Just yesterday, she had accidentally flung poop out of the box! I'm tempted to buy those bins again and NOT cut out an entrance this time.

I also keep a Bissell sweeper nearby and use it often. I have one on each floor, next to the litter box.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

I bought three of these and I'm very happy with them. Their entrance/exit from their litter box in their washroom is partially blocked, so they can't just run out when they're done, they have to step out. And at the end of these three mats, there's a partial blockage so they have to walk, not run, over them.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Kitten

I bought a doormat from Stanley Steemer - it's supposed to go outside your front door and capture dirt. It works really well under the litter box!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 01:20 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, some great ideas here. I've tried a bunch of different types of materials and textures. For the past few years, I've been using mats like this: Drymate Black & Gray Paw Print Personalized Cat Litter Box Mat | Petco Store

They're ok at attracting litter, but they're not very large. I keep a small brush and dustpan next to each box.

Using bath mats or outdoor mats are great ideas. But I can never get the litter out of my bath mat (it gets there despite the litter mat) by shaking it out, and the outdoor mats are too big for my bathrooms.

I've never seen the ones that Gigi009 and marie pointed out (which are similar). I might give one of those a try.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

What I really like about these mats is that I can walk on top of them and I'm not walking on litter, it's trapped in between the layers.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Cat Addict

I just put down the large trash bags under the littler box. When I need to change the box, I pick up the bags and fold them inward and carry them to the large trash can and shake. If they are in good shape, I reuse and if not, I use them for trash. I think some cats would scratch at them but mine don't care. And I use a broom too since it is all on a tile floor.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 08:50 AM
Jr. Cat

I bought a pick-up truck bed mat and cut it to fit. It's about 4' x 4'. Used the leftover mat to line the back of our SUV. Miss M being the Diva she is gets quite enthusiastic about throwing cat litter as far as she can The mat catches all the flying litter.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:40 AM
Jr. Cat

I tried a couple and settled with a tan paw print large one from Walmart. It seems to trap litter well. But my problem is the scattered litter goes beyond this large mat.

The litter box is in my bathroom. It fits neatly between the toilet and vanity so the cat only has 1 direction of ingress and egress. I also have a rug in front of my toilet and another in front of the basin. The litter mat takes up the space between them - its a good size. But there is litter on my other rugs as well as on the floor beyond them. Whenever I walk into my bathroom I am tracking it up. I wish there was another solution.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Premier Cat

Hmm. Maybe I should invest in a Cat Litter Catcher. Thanks for the link, Marie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page