Replacement for Maxx Scoop Small Spaces Litter? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Replacement for Maxx Scoop Small Spaces Litter?

I have been using Purina's Maxx Scoop Small Spaces cat litter since I adopted the girls. Both they and I love it...great odor control, clumping and virtually no dust. Regrettably, I now understand that Purina has discontinued this line (or is in the process of doing so). Is there anyone out there who previously used the Maxx Scoop product, but has now managed to find a satisfactory replacement? If so, what are you now using?

I know Purina also makes the Tidy Cat line, but according to numerous posts on FB, that line doesn't begin to compare to the Maxx Scoop...although I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used both products and disagrees with that conclusion.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I've never used Maxx Scoop, but I've tried many different kinds, including right now. I'm going back to Tidy Cat.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Cat Addict

I don't know anything about Maxx Scoop, but I have good luck with Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
I've never used Maxx Scoop, but I've tried many different kinds, including right now. I'm going back to Tidy Cat.
Tidy Cat seems to be the ones that the stores up here are stocking in place of Maxx Scoop. However, there are various varieties of Tidy Cat: 4-in-1, Lightweight, 24/7, etc., etc.

So, to Marie and others who have used Tidy Cat...I want a clumping litter, but do you have any recommendations/comments on the various varieties?

Thanks!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

I get the 24/7 when it's available, it has a slight citrus scent which I like. My grocery store has it on sale for $5 about once every two months and I stock up.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
I get the 24/7 when it's available, it has a slight citrus scent which I like. My grocery store has it on sale for $5 about once every two months and I stock up.
I'll give it a try...although a citrus scent is odd for a litter. I've always read cats don't like the smell of citrus. Don't believe everything you read?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Well, maybe that's just how it smells to me. It's not advertised that way.

There's also a new one with Glade in it, haven't tried that one yet.

Oh, do NOT try the lightweight one, I've heard nothing but horrible things about it.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks! I read bad things about the lightweight one as well. I also couldn't figure out why anyone would want a lightweight litter. I mean, I suppose if she had a cat, my Mom (at age 81) might like litter that's light to carry in the house...but appealing to those who struggle to carry a pail of litter doesn't exactly strike me as a huge target market!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Mom is actually one of the people who tried it!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
My Mom is actually one of the people who tried it!
That's hilarious!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page