New here, need a little help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Question New here, need a little help

I posted before, but didn't get any nibbles. I would like to hear reviews of folks that have tried using the "Breeze" litter box both with the "breeze" pellets and or with the recycled paper litter "yesterdays news" (or even folks that might be using a non clumping litter without the breeze system).

My one kitten is having paw surgery (no I am not having him declawed, he has polydactly) and will have to use nonclumping litter for 10 days post surgery.

We have transitioned them over to the yesterday's news, and they are using it just fine, but the smell is pretty bad.

So any help/advice would greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

I have locked your other thread, it probably didn't get any responses because the question wasn't very clear, this thread describes the issue better. In addition, I don't think we have a lot of members using the Breeze litter box. In the future please don't start duplicate threads on the same topic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Premier Cat

Personally, I've never used the Breeze system so I can't give my personal opinion. A friend of mine did, however, and he loves it to this day. The main drawback that I didn't like was that you'll have to continue to purchase those pee pads that soak up the urine underneath, and perhaps reposition the urine tray if your kitty tends to wee in the same spot. My friend said he used 1 pad/week, but he only had one cat, which only ate kibbles, not canned food. I feed my 2 kitties wet and raw (absolutely no dry food), so they'd definitely urinate more, thus use up much more pee pads... The pellets are made of zeolite, which acts as a drying agent, but pellets in general make it difficult for cats to bury their waste effectively, as you probably know (with Yesterday's News). When any solid wastes are there, it'll definitely smell, at least for a while, unless you scoop it out right away or feed a raw diet.

The only thing I'm not sure of is that stepping on pellets feel better on the cat's paws than small granules like clay. From my viewpoint, pellets in general seem more uncomfortable for the cat? I used to use pine pellets initially when my two cats were young kittens. G seemed to dislike it and used to eliminate outside the box until I converted to clumping clay. Just my experience, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Cat

My cats have used both Breeze and Yesterdays News. I would recommend the Yesterdays News. The Breeze pellets are harder and heavier than the Yesterdays News pellets. My cats didn't bury their waste when we used the Breeze and the odor was pretty bad. You have to scoop right away.
The Yesterday's News worked better all around and covered the odor much better.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Tom Cat

When we had a rabbit we used to buy a fluffy bedding made from recycled newspaper. That would be softer than pellets while being made of the same material. You'd have to completely replace it every day, it isn't all that great for odour control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page