Guess what? I signed up to volunteer to help kitties! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Guess what? I signed up to volunteer to help kitties!

www.forgotten4-paws.org is a organization that helps animals in central Ohio. They put some cats in Petsmart stores to try to get them adopted--I saw some cute kitties while shopping last Saturday--so I decided to volunteer! I applied online tonight--so I should hear something soon. I will probably clean cat cages in Petsmart stores, post fliers, make phone calls, and transport cats to vet appointments or foster homes. I can't wait--except that I will want ALL of those kitties! Lexxie109 inspired me to help, since she fosters cats. Check out the website too--cute kitty pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's wonderful, kittygirl! I'm glad you did it. I'm sure you'll be tempted, though!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 03:11 AM
Cool Cat

It is saddening to look at that website and see all of the sweet kitties looking for homes and some of the stories are heartbreaking.

It is so generous of you to help out but it must be so hard because of the temptation to take one or more home. I know that when I chose my cat at the local shelter, I wanted so many of them and felt guilty about the others that I did not choose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 08:16 AM

Good for you! Those cats need more people like you to take the time to help them out. It can be hard at times but in the end it's well worth it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I am worried about being heartbroken.....I can't even go to a petstore or shelter without crying. I hate being such a "softie"--it is kind of embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I have such strong feelings about animals--I just wish that I could help them without feeling their pain so much. It will be rewarding to help these kitties, but at the same time I will feel totally guilty when I come home and they have to stay there. Gosh, I hope I can handle this!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm grateful that you will be helping the kittens. Better to find a home for a few, rather than none, and maybe the next place they go they'll find a home! You should think of it that way. Sometimes one area just doesn't do well and another does. You're very kind to do this.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 10:07 PM

I think you are a very strong and inspiring person, kitty girl. Just remember to remind yourself whenever the situations are difficult, that you are doing and are one of the best +have one of the kindest hearts around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page