Cat and Toy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Cat and Toy

What is your cat's favorite toy?

My cat does not play with any toys that I got her (except the scratching post.. ). Toys don't move, and she's only interested in things that moves (eg. yarns when I am knitting!)

I got her bunch of fur balls. She'll chase it when I throw it. When the ball stops rolling, she lost interest.

And then I got her something called "catnip".. suppose to be fun for the cat but my cat ignores those catnip sachet I bought for her.

And then this kitty condo.. she doesn't play in it. she sleeps in it.

I really don't know what to do anymore. She's only 10 month old and she spends the whole day sleeping around the house, looking out the window, looking at me... so inactive! what can I do to motivate her to play!??!

are cats suppose to be very sedative? or is my cat lazy/depressed? I know dogs who sleeps all the time are depressed. This is my first cat I don't know what kind of toys would interest her. HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 05:30 PM

We have catnip growing in our yard so I'll occasionaly give them a sprig of that. They go nuts.

-Chelle
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

my cat deson't like catnip, why oh why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Cool Cat

I've heard that some cats are not born with the catnip gene in them but may develop it later in life.

I have the same type of cat. He doesn't have much interest in any toy that doesn't move on its own. He always wants to play, wanting me to use the pole with the feathers on the end. All the rest of the toys seem to bore him. He was more playful with balls when he was a kitten but since then doesn't play with balls. He also likes to play with Q-tips, picking them up with his mouth and tossing them around the room.

Try getting one of those mice that squeak when you touch it. It comes with an elastic string but I just detatch the string. Anytime the cat touches it, it will squeak. That may spark some interest.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Cool Cat

My cat Moby likes hanging things, and he's pretty lazy...

The fishing pole thing has been a point of interest for him, as are window blind chords. Plus these can move due to breezes and such that the cat may like.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 02:40 PM

Favorite Toy

Tammy doesn't play with toys. She's 16, but she never was interested in them.

Sheba liked the rubber balls and small furry mice until the last year. She's 10 and is getting fat & lazy.

Ming (my baby) loves this plastic, donut-shaped thing with a ball in the middle. She bats it around & around. My friend, who just gots two kittens, bought it also. Hers love it too. Ming also likes the small furry mice.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 06:18 PM

I think my cat's favourite toy is my feet... he's alway pouncing on them! Ouch! I bought him one of those fishing rod toys, but he seems to prefer real prey, i.e. me!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 06:44 PM

Mitzi's favorite toy is the kitty be good stick. It's a long flexible plastic stick with leather tassles on the end. She also LOVES cat nip and any toy that has cat nip in it.

Xavier's favorite toy is his little red pepper. It's a pepper shaped cat toy that has a pouch that you put cat nip in. He also likes those small grey mice that are made out of real mouse fur.

Fallon's fav toy is the kitty be good stick too.

Sampson loves this rope type thing I cut off a dog travel bowl. Everytime I bring it out he goes nuts!

Peach Hobbler loves her leopard spotted fuzzy mouse.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 06:49 PM

Maleke's favourite toy is his collar....go figure. It doesn't even fit his neck yet...so I leave it up on my dresser. He picks it up and bats it around the house. I can't wait until it fits him!

He also likes this little pink bouncy ball my boyfriend has (he found it at school one day). I guess cause the ball rolls so easily and bounces too!

Our feet in bed at 5am are also very popular (and annoying, this gets him locked out of the bedroom!).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 08:35 PM

My cats like to play with the pot pourri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page