How active is your cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

How active is your cat?

Mine rank from a lump on a log to never sits still.

Mitzi, just lays around mostly but that's understandable for a 15 year old cat. On occasion I will see her chasing one of her toys around and I try to encourage her to be active with the kitty be good stick.

Fallon isn't too active but if there's a flying bug in sight, she's leaping through the air to catch it.

Sampson likes to sprawl out on the floor and contort himself into all kinds of strange positions but if he's in a frisky mood, it sounds like a herd of buffalo running through the house.

Peaches can only do so much because of her leg but she gets moving with the best of them. She has this little leopard spotted mouse she likes to stalk and attack and used to stalk the dogs.

Xavier hardly ever sits still. I swear sometimes you'd think he has a fire cracker under his rear because he'll jump up from laying down all of a sudden and race through the house, back and forth till he gets tired. If he's not playing with a toy he's terrorizing on of the other cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 10:46 AM

Chester is 18 and Lizzy is 15 so they pretty much just lay around all day. Every once in a while, though, something will get into them and they'll tear through the house.

Jupiter used to be really hyper but has settled down quite a bit.

Emily is constantly getting into something (she's currently trying to squeeze into the bottom drawer of my desk - it's only open about 3 inches :rolleyes: ) or picking fights with Jupiter. Sometimes Jupiter will start it, but even then when she decides to stop, Emily keeps at it (Emily had Jupiter in a pretty good headlock the other day - I though poor Jupiter was going to pass out so I had to break it up).

-Chelle
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 11:14 AM

Misty usually tears through the house all day terrorizing the dogs! But at 10PM she's ready for bed and gets all sleepy so it's off to bed I go too!!!!

Sadie , well I don't know what she does outside, but inside all she does is eat, sleep, beg to go out, and growl and the other animals....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 12:36 PM

Amos and Sam are 3 and 2 respectively.
They do lay around a lot, especially on me!! However, they like to "play fight" with each other on a daily basis and whenever that starts up... watch out! They race each other up and down the stairs, around the house, pounce on each other.... it can be quite amusing....
But at the end, they bathe each other which is sweet but weird since they are both males!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My cats are both 5 years old, a male and female, and they play chase quite a bit. They also bathe each other and sleep on me. Precious, the female loves to play fetch. I say "Go get the mousie!" and throw it. She always knows where it's going to land, even if it ricochets! The mousie is a piece of rolled up cardboard. She plays independently with the catniip "mousies," and will run to get them if I throw them, but won't bring them to me to throw--the cardboard mousies are for fetching. The soft ones are for throwing up in the air and rolling around and kicking! The male just watches. His favorite activity is finding the shortest way to my lap. What a needy little boy!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
All of my cats are lazy!! I wish that they would play more, but all they want to do is sleep. They usually get a little wound up in the evening, and start chasing each other--then they swat at each other. I usually yell at them because I don't want them to hurt each other. Maybe I should leave them go at it--at least they are up and moving!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 04:34 PM
Premier Cat

I think I'd just let them play, kitty, unless there's growling and hissing or fur flying! Of course I'd break it up if it got too rough. They're like children. Sometimes they can go too far, but most of the time it's just play, and they remain friends. Isn't it typical that they like to start playing just when we want peace and quiet? They have to keep us in our places!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I know--I'm too overprotective. There is never fur flying--they usually don't even come close to hitting each other, but I hate to see them fight. I bet they are actually just playing and I am being a mean mom. Also, they don't have front claws, so how much damage could they do? (I didn't declaw them--they came that way.) I know that my boy cat can smack pretty hard, though, so the girls might see some stars!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 10:23 PM

My kitten goes through spurts throughout the day. In the morning when we get up he's CRAZY, then he has a late morning nap. Early afternoon he's CRAZY again. He goes back to sleep around 7 at night and he is at his craziest at 11pm and on as long as I am up. If I go to bed then he's velcro kitten and right beside me purring. He's a great little guy. VERY velcroey though........my boyfriend gets jealous because if he tries to get him to cuddle with him he just gets up and comes to me. Hahaha.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Premier Cat

My cats are one person cats too. Someone who had Siamese before I did told me that was typical. Well, I'm glad I'm their one person.

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page