An Extremely sad day - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

An Extremely sad day

I just got a call from my mom. She told me that one of my brothers stupid friends accidentally let out our 8 year old Siamese yesterday afternoon. My brother, being an idiot didn't even notice that he was gone. My mom noticed he was gone in the middle of the night when he wasn't sleeping with her and the other two cats were acting strange. She got up and went to look around the house, then confronted my brother. This cat has always been an indoor cat.

The horrible thing is, when we adopted him when he was a year old...his previous owners had declawed ALL his feet. This cat has NO way of defending himself. Just another GOOD reason NEVER to declaw. Also, last night it was raining all night so he was out in that. I am so scared and can't stop crying. When my boyfriend gets home we are going to go over and help them look (we live about 45 minutes away).

He is microchipped which is good, but in order for that vet to know he's ours, someone has to take him to a clinic and they have to scan the microchip. He has a collar but he wasn't wearing it.

I KNEW this would happen when I moved out. My brother is SO irresponsible towards the cats. I am so mad at him you have no idea. He's 19 and he's going to college next year....this is good, he can't cause any more trouble.

I just hope that my cat is ok. He is my all time favourite cat....I mean I have my kitten who I love but that cat was just the all time best cat ever. No other cat has measured up to him. He is used to going outside, I put his collar on him and he knows how to walk on a leash...a lot of time I let him out into the backyard with just the collar and he comes when he's called ALL THE TIME.

Man, I wish I could be home looking for him now. Sorry this is so long, does anyone have any ideas on how we could find him????? We have notified Animal Control and the humane society as well as letting a ton of neighbours know. My mom was out with our dog saying "get the cat" and my dog was sniffing like crazy but didn't find anything.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 12:21 PM

Oh no! I'm so very sorry to hear this! I can only imagine how scared you are and how helpless you feel.

You did the right thing by alerting animal control and neighbors. It wouldn't hurt to let your local vet clinics and pet shops know as well. A lot of people will turn strays into vet offices in hopes that they know who the owner is.

Good luck!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Premier Cat

How awful! Best of luck in finding your kitty. Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 01:52 PM

Awe I hope you find him! I'll be praying he returns home safe and sound. Keep us updated.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Maleke, I'm so sorry! I pray that you find him. This site should help. It's very comprehensive.

http://www.petrecovery.com/documents/ba ... issing.htm

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Cool Cat

So sorry. I would just be a complete wreck if my cat ever got out and disappeared. It is very sad to think about how far away he could have wandered.

We pray that the next time you post you will have good news.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I hope you find your kitty. Please let us know what happens.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 07:56 AM

I'm really sorry - I hope you find him. Sometimes when cats go missing people think they have no owner, and adopt them. If this has happened then putting up flyers should let them know that he already has an owner.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Sol
Cool Cat

I hope everything turns out well. If the cat knows the surroundings, which he should do since he's used to walking around outside in a leash, there's a good chance he'll find his way back home. And even without claws, cats can manage pretty well.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Maleke, Have you gone outside late at night and put some real strong smelling cat food out for your kitty? Go out when it's very quiet, in the wee hours, if possible. Just sit and call his name on occasion. He might be hiding near the house, and nervous. Also, I have heard experts suggest that you put out some of your very sweaty clothes on the porch. Exercise or clean house, to get a shirt very sweaty. Cats have a great sense of smell, and if he's having problems findiing the way home, the odors will help him. Goe bless you and help in your search. You know our hearts are with you. Keep us informed, ok?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page