Kittens Being Born Right Now - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Kittens Being Born Right Now

My Cat is having kittens right now. the third one is out but the cord is still attached, she has been like this for an hour now. there seems to be more due but nothing is happening. would this be because the cord is still attached? please respone if any1 is out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

It's all fine now anyway. 5 gorgeous wee kittens here now! I'll post a pic as soon as I can.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 01:54 PM

Is that third kitten okay? The cord shouldn't be attached that long. Glad to hear they arrived. You must be so excited.

Do you have plans for the kittens? Are you keeping some...have friends that will take one?

I hope you are prepared to raise the kittens. I hope that you also are planning on spaying your mama cat right away.

Good luck with the kittens. Keep a close eye on mom because she could get an infection if a piece of placenta was retained in the uterus. There are many complications that could still happen. Moms milk could dry out or she could get a infection in her breast (mastitis).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Congratulations on the kittens!! I can't wait for pictures!!!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Yanikin, What a miracle! I know you plan to have mother cat spayed, and that's the right thing to do, but isn't birth a miraculous event? I hope all the "wee bairns" are healthy and strong.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!!

For Bengalsownme:
The third kitten is absolutely fine, may be a little smaller than the others but I took them all down to the vet because i was worried myself. I have plenty lovely homes for the kittens and I'm prepared to take care of the wee darlings myself if anyone changes their mind. I'm also gettimg mummy spayed so please don't worry.

For everyone:
Birth really is the most wonderful thing there is, I think I'm just as proud as mummy!

Mummy is also looking great, she did so well and I'm extremely proud of her!

While the third kitten was still attached to the cord, another kitten was being born. We had a bit of a scrap getting the fourth out because there was a worry that the cord would be tangled and he kept sliding back in. Everything is fine tho!

I'll go upload a picture to show you all.

Yani xxx
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

I'll get some better pictures soon but heres one not long after they were born. As for 'Spachino' my boyfriend named him because he looked like a mix between two of the last litter 'Spike' and 'Chino'.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, Yanikin, They're wonderful! Which kitten was number 3? I hope they all do well. Is one of them all black? I love black cats. Yes, Doodles did a great job!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Spot was the third one, he's a little smaller than the rest but otherwise fine. The one that looks all black does have some white in there, he has what looks like curtains over his face.

I posted more pictures in Meet my Kitty https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=992
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Premier Cat

Darling! Nothing is cuter than a newborn kitten! :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page