UPDATE-kittens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE-kittens

Still no sign of kittens yet and she is on the 66th day now. The vet has told us to wait till tommorow morning and if there is no kittens then we are taking her to the vet to get induced(injection to start labour) So we should have kittens tommorow if not tonight. Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Be sure to let us know!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

We took her to the vet this afternoon and the vet said that she isnt due and may have three weeks to go but he also said she could have them tommorow though. So what is he on about?? We had her date of last call written down and she is 68 days today! So maybe she is just taking her time. She is 10 months old. They said if she doesnt have them by then, then she might have to have a sizerian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 08:02 PM

I'm sure everything will be ok. With Doodles I've counted her as 5weeks from the day I notice her belly getting swollen, I've only been a day off the mark each time, even with a friends cat. So that might help.

Let me know how things go.

xxx
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Premier Cat

I don't quite understand either. Three weeks or any day now ----doesn't make sense to me. There must be some misunderstanding. I would call and have the issue clarified.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Well we thought that there may be a missunderstanding aswell. Our next door neighbor used to be a vetinary nurse so she is helping us aswell. And she doesnt think that she has three weeks to go. The reason that vet said this is because her mammary glands weren't fully up, but she has been giving milk because ive seen white crusts on her nipples and her nipples are up and everything. She is getting fatter by the day and were worried that the bigger they get the harder it'll be for her to give birth to them. She is not ill or anything and she is acting normal so we are not worrying to much. Also the fact that we have our next door neighbor here aswell is more help. Any info would be appreciated
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Premier Cat

I think you have some pretty good guidance! Nevertheless, I'm sure all of us want updates on her progress. One possibility I thought of was that she did not get pregnant during the first heat, came right back in season, and got pregnant right away. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the length of time since you knew of her being in season. It might always be a bit of a mystery.

Jeanie

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

It definately is a mystery. We usually saw when she was on heat because she would put her bum in the air and stuff. She is now 69 days!!!! I hope that she will have them soon because we are watching her all the time now and just when we think that she is acting different , like searching for a box or something(she has two materny boxes) she goes back to normal! We are all excited expecially my mum and me and we are getting fed up of waiting!!!! Im sure when the kittens come we will know that all the waiting was worth it
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

It definately is a mystery. We usually saw when she was on heat because she would put her bum in the air and stuff. She is now 69 days!!!! I hope that she will have them soon because we are watching her all the time now and just when we think that she is acting different , like searching for a box or something(she has two materny boxes) she goes back to normal! We are all excited expecially my mum and me and we are getting fed up of waiting!!!! Im sure when the kittens come we will know that all the waiting was worth it
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page