Headstones for kitties gone to heaven... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Headstones for kitties gone to heaven...

I was at a general store last weekend and saw these flat stones that have inscriptions on them that are burial markers for deceased pets. They were about as big around as a throw pillow and cost about $25.00. Although I don't ever want to think about that happening, I think it is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a pet that brought so much joy into your life! I almost cried when I saw them because they had such beautiful sayings on them. Some even had a cat etched into them. They had them for dogs, too. My uncle buried one of his kitties several years ago and wanted to mark her burial spot, so he cut a cat shape out of wood and put marbles in for eyes and wrote her name on it. I always walk back to her little grave when I go visit because she was a special cat to me. I am such an emotional girl, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 08:09 PM

I have also seen those markers in pet stores around here. Obviously no one likes to think about that, but it is a nice idea for when the time comes.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 06:59 AM

I never realized how much stuff they have out there now for when your pet passes away. From burial markers, urns, caskets and actual headstones!

I've been looking at urns recently since my dog passed away and we've decided to have her body cremated. Some of them look no different than what you would put a humans ashes in!

For me having these options available has helped in the healing process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 09:11 AM

I think it's a nice idea. After all, pets become a part of your life, so they should be remembered after they die. I've seen adverts in magazines for headstones and memorials which you can have personalised with the pet's name and a message. With some of them you can have a photo of your pet transferred onto the stone (I'm not exactly sure how that works). My cat, who is buried in the garden, has a big flat stone on his grave - just a stone that was in the garden. I put it there because he used to like lying on it in the summer.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I did that too, Majicou. When I was breeding collies, a lady who had come from Ohio, and couldn't stop crying, wanted to buy a puppy. She showed me a picture of the dog she had just lost. She had a funeral in a chapel, and her dog was in a casket in the picture. She had no children, as I remember, and really loved that dog. That is not what I would do, but I screened my prospective owners very carefully. I sold her a pup, and she kept me informed for a long time, and sent pictures of my "baby." I know that puppy got a good home.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page