How does your cat react when it's feeding time? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

How does your cat react when it's feeding time?

Since I feed my cats twice a day, normally at the same time, they seem to know when it's time before I do. The girls, Mitzi, Fallon and Peaches, become very vocal and will run back and forth between the closet where I keep their food and their designated feeding spots until there's food in their bowls.

The boys, Sampson and Xavier, don't say much but just follow me around until their bowl is filled. Just recently Sampson has started crying right before he eats which I find so cute. He's got this funny meow that I can't even describe but he sounds so cute when he does it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 01:47 AM

All of the cats have a constant supply of dry cat food available so they just eat when they're hungry.

Chester is the only one who gets canned food (to help fatten him up). When he's hungry, he'll follow me around the kitchen, yelling at me. Even when I'm in the process of oppening the can, he still yells at me as if it's gonna make me go faster And it's not a cute little feed me yell, either. It's a FEED ME NOW OR I'M GONNA RIP YOUR TOES OFF! type of yell.

-Chelle
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Cool Cat

Moby doesn't meow or anything. He stares at me, getting more and more affectionate the hungrier he gets. When I realize he hungry he runs toward his food bowl, but only about 5 steps until I catch up to him. And he does this until I get to the bowl. Weirdo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Poor Moby--he's not a weirdo at all! (I'm just playing with ya!) Believe me--my cats do that too--they run a few steps, stop and look back at you to make sure you are coming, and run a few steps, etc. ****
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 04:52 PM

Jet just yells and yells at me until I feed him. If I'm on the phone he tries to distract me and rubs his head against the reciever. Once the person I was talking to said, 'I think there's something wrong with my phone - I keep hearing a strange rumbling noise.' It was Jet purring down the phone.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
LOL! That's cute. I free feed the cats. Precious is very lady-like when I'm eating chicken or something else she likes. She just sits and waits. Of course if I don't save some for her, I go on a guilt trip. Blueberry always waits until she's done before he looks for a treat.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
LOL! That's cute. I free feed the cats. Precious is very lady-like when I'm eating chicken or something else she likes. She just sits and waits. Of course if I don't save some for her, I go on a guilt trip. Blueberry always waits until she's done before he looks for a treat.
If Chester wants something we're eating he'll just sit there and give us the most intense stare you could imagine. And if someone is sitting on the couch eating and he's sitting next to them, he'll occasionally reach up and tap them with his paw.

-Chelle
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I usually eat at the coffee table while watching tv. My coffee table is glass, so Kitty will sit under it and look up through the table at me while I eat. It is funny because every time I reach for something--his little head follows my hand and all I see are little eyes below my food.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 04:47 AM

All my cats have different habits when it comes to feeding time. Doodles will go out about half an hour beforehand, then come rushing in straight to her food bowl.

If Mufasa hears me in the kitchen she cames pounding through and attaches herself to my leg/hip/bottom and continue to jump up and down until her food bowl is down.

When Spike hears me in the kitchen, you can hear him chirping at the other end of the house. He'll do a wee trot through, sounding really happy but as soon as he gets to my feet he starts moaning. I'd never heard a cat whining until we had Spike. It's so wierd! Especially because he never miaows, just purrs and chirps.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I love those little chirrup sounds! The picture of Mufasa attaching herself, and Kitty looking up through the glass are bringing such smiles to my face. I don't dare look at Precious' eyes, or I wouldn't have any chicken for me to eat! But it touches me that she's so ladylike about the whole thing, even though she's watching too!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page