how to manage multiple cats in a household? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

how to manage multiple cats in a household?

Hi peeps.

Now that I have two cats, I am wondering how to feed them seperately.

Before when I just have timmy, I put the food out all day and refill when neccessary.

NOw that I have bobo, I put two food bowls and two water bowls out, but BOTH cat eat/drinks out from BOTH bowls. How do I make them eat/drink out of their own bowls? Timmy still needs kitten food for another two month, so their diet is different.

I also got another litterbox just for Bobo, but now timmy stopped using her own litterbox and start using the new one. Non of them use the old litterbox no more. I read somewhere if cat don't have their own litterbox to use, they'll start peeing and pooping elsewhere.

If you have multiple cats, how do you manage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 10:35 AM

If they both seem happy sharing, then no harm. If Bobo is skinny or sick from being a stray, I doubt a couple of months worth of kitten food will hurt him. You can feed kittens regular food, they just will eat more of it. If you really want them to eat separate food, feed them in different rooms, leave the food down for ~30 minutes, and then clean up. They will learn the new schedule pretty fast.

And if they both like to use one box, why force them to change that? As long as neither one is upset by sharing, then I would encourage it.

I have two kittens, sisters, and they share everything. All my cats have always shared, and have never had a problem. Even the ones who didn't love each other managed to tolerate each other at dinner time.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
My friend has 4 cats and only uses one litterbox--she has tried to put out more litterboxes, but they all insist on going in the same box. I have 3 litterboxes and my cats use whichever one they are closest to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page