dead cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

dead cat

My cat has just been hit by a car and killed. The bastards just drove off leaving her there to die. A neighbour found her still breathing but it was too late when she arrived at the vet. I dont know how i am going to get over this, I miss her so much. And i cant believe the behaviour of the bastards that hit her. Ill never forget her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I'm so sorry about your kitty. I don't see how people can be so cruel to just take off and leave. They could have stopped and tried to find the owner. There are also people that are mean enough to hurt animals purposely. I will never allow my cats to go outside--there are way too many jerks that don't have respect for animals. I hope that if you ever get another cat that you'll keep it inside, too. There are many kind people here that will give you support--so I hope that you'll come back. Once again, I am sorry about your precious kitty.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 12:42 AM

I am really sorry about your kitty, Brendan. May she rest in peace.
I know it is extremely hard to deal with losing her in such a way especially. Just like Kittygirl says, I hope you will return here and we will try our best to give you support.
ps Just as you won't forget your kitty I am sure she will always be with you in spirit..in someway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Cool Cat

Welcome to the forum, sadly...

This is so heartbeaking to hear about. Did you actually witness this or just find out about it afterward? So sad either way.

If you choose to get another cat in the future, please keep it inside where it is safe. You can get a kitten from a shelter and bring it up indoors. If it does not get a "taste" of the outdoors, it will most likely be content living inside and will not feel a need to get out.

There is a current thread on this forum that speaks about this subject.

Again, so sorry for your loss.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

i won't be getting another cat, mushka was special and i don't want to risk losing another cat. I also think it is mean to keep a cat cooped up inside all their lives - they need to get out for some fresh air, and to mix with other cats. I couldn't get another cat and not let it out, so therefore i am not going to get one. We have budgies here and that will have to do.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Cat

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 03:13 PM

So sorry Brendan, my thoughts go out to you.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 03:50 PM

Everyone says they wont get another cat, but they always do(well usually)So im sure you will get another one. Also it isnt cruel to keep cats indoors, its actually pretty good as they will be more protected from desieses and parsites such as fleas and ticks and other things that are not good for cats. Also i think you will find that another cat will help you alot. But thats my opinion. Thanx
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 03:51 PM

Everyone says they wont get another cat, but they always do(well usually)So im sure you will get another one. Also it isnt cruel to keep cats indoors, its actually pretty good as they will be more protected from desieses and parsites such as fleas and ticks and other things that are not good for cats. Also i think you will find that another cat will help you alot. But thats my opinion. Thanx, and sorry for your loss!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Cool Cat

Yes, many cats live full happy lives are are never let outdoors. I would always recommend getting 2 littermates (which, in hindsight, is what I wish I would have done). Both cats will always have a companion and a playmate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page