Something spooked my kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Something spooked my kitty

My cat hasn't used his litterbox in nearly 2 days. This happened right after I installed the Nilodor deodorizing system in the litterbox room. Something seems to have freaked him out and I don't know if it was the smell of the fragrance or when the unit sprays the mist in the room, which kind of sounds like a cat sneezing.

Yesterday morning I had noticed footprints in the litter of both boxes but he hadn't actually used them, but there are no signs of eliminating anywhere else in the house.

I decided to wash the boxes and vacuum the room and as I was in the litterbox room, he was very hesitant to enter the room and moved very timidly and slowly, sniffing around. Minutes after the litterboxes were moved to the hallway so I could vacuum the room, he used his box.

This is also the room that I brush him in. The brush sits on the floor in the room and on a daily basis (once or twice a day) he will run into the room and lay on the floor next to the brush, of course letting me know he's ready to be brushed. He hasn't done this in the last 2 days either.

For now I have turned off the Nilodor and I'm hoping that we will be OK with his room again. I'll just have to keep tabs on the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Richo, it could very well be the Nilodor system that is freaking your cat out. Is it very close to his litterbox? I think cats scare easily, anyways. Sometimes Kitty will jump out of his skin when the phone rings. Also I can scare him just by moving my foot while he is walking by. If the Nilodor is close to his litterbox, maybe you could move it on the other side of the room.
I think it is great that your cat wants to be brushed 2 times a day! My boy won't even let me get near him with the brush! The girls love the brush, but after a few minutes they want to play with the brush and bite it. <<))
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

It is only a 10 X 10 room so there is really nowhere else to move the Nilodor. My cat is jumpy like kittygirl. Yes, one sudden move and he jumps, and then the big tail.

Yeah when he doesn't want to be brushed he treats the brush like a toy and tries to bite on it. But when he wants to be brushed, he lays there and purrs and enjoys it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page