Poop, then RUN! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Poop, then RUN!

I've noticed that my newly adopted cat has a tendency to poop, then tear around the house at high speed. My friend says that her cat from college used to do that as well.

Does anyone else's cat do this? And any guesses as to why the sudden burst of energy after making a poopie? Is she just trying to get away from the stink as fast as she can?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I don't have an answer for you--but I think the way you wrote this is hilarious!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 10:47 AM

hahaha... thats really funny... I don't know of any cats that poop then run... but my ex-housemate had a kitty that used to jump backwards when he puked... Like he was scared or freaked out by the sight of his puke...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 11:44 AM

Eww yes my new kitten does that...when we first got him he had the *ahem* runs. So me and my friend were sitting casually in our living room...and he comes racing in at high speed, shakes his paw...and, you guessed it....he left us a little treat on the carpet...erughh. Was naaasty!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 02:37 PM

Yep, when Gizmo was a kitten, she also ran away from her litterbox after pooping! Pebbles sometimes whipes her bum on the floor, she'll sit on her bum and pulls herself forward with her 2 frontpaws! Funny Picture!!
U can follow her trail all over the livingfloor!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 03:44 PM

My one cat Murphy used to drag his bum on the floor too....we called it "scooting". Hahahhaa. My kitten sometimes takes off after pooping, we always just thought it's cause he feels better. Who knows! But it's funny! Imagine if people did that???????????
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Scooting across the floor on its bottom indicates that the cat's anal glands have to be expressed. The itch is probably intense. The vet will take care of it for you. Otherwise, if a baby crawls on that carpet or floor----well, not a good idea.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 04:20 PM

Yeah, Doodles used to do this when her litter wasn't entirely clean. We figured it was to get any dirt off her paws.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 05:07 PM

My 5 month old does this too, but not all the time. She's very inconsistant, sometimes walks slowly, other times runs fast or just a lil jog. Not sure if it relates to going pee or poop, or how clean the litterbox is... couple times she hasn't even bothered to cover her poo either - hope that's not a sign something's wrong? I'm just thankful she has used the box so far from day one and not the floor!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
My cats sometimes leave poo uncovered in the litterbox. Maybe they are in a hurry to get back to that perfect napping spot, or their food dish, or afraid that they might miss out on some human food. My cats follow me everywhere--they don't like it when I get out of sight. I sometimes think that they leave the poo uncovered because one of the other cats is stalking them waiting to attack once they step out of the litterbox. Just imagine if we had to go through that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page