Has Anyone? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Has Anyone?

Hi, Has anybody on here ever had to give a cat away that they absolutely love to another family? If so how did you feel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:26 PM

Oh am I glad I never did. I am sure if I had to give away one of my cats it would feel awful. Did you have to give one away?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:32 PM

I had to give Precious away to my dad. I would have had a fit if he didn't live next door to me lol. I then had to give my JBC away.. I tried to give him to my other Grandma, but because she just lost her cat, she said no. 1 month later, she had 3 cats So I gave him to John Boy.. hence his name, John Boys Cat.. But we ended up kitty sitting him and he never got him back, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I havnt before but I have to now. I have no choice in this. We are moving to spain with a caravan. My cat has had kittens so it had made the problem bigger. We were going to sort her rabies jab out and stuff and we only needed 30 days. But then we found out she was pregnant. And we knew that we are not going to be here long enough for her to wean them. They will either be about 5 weeks old or 6. And then my mum thinks its unfair to take her in a caravan all the way to spain. But i am so worried that she wont want to live with someone else as she is a one person cat. And we have earned her trust. We have had her for a year, she is a very affectionate cat. She is indoor/outdoor. I get upset even thinking about it. I really dont want to lose her but i dont have a choice! I feel i wont enjoy going to spain without her. We are trying to find her a home with the kittens. But the people we saw today we feel only want the kittens. And our main priority is suki. I dont want to have to give her to the blue cross. I am so scared that she will wonder where we are and pine alot for us. Also i will pine for her.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:36 PM

One of your cats name was Precious?!? That is my sweethearts name!! How strange!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

I wouldnt feel so bad if i was going to be able to see her but im not going to be able to.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:40 PM

I feel so sorry for you. Ask whoever you give her away to, to send letters with photos and updates on how she is.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:41 PM

I'm so sorry That is terrible that you have to part with your sweet kitty and her kittens I wish us cat owners never had to give our cats away
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm so sorry! Your heart must be broken. I pray you find a home for her. This is tragic. Can you board her or have a friend or a dependable teen in the neighborhood come over daily to care for her?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

[b]Well the people buying the house dont want her so she cant stay in the house. (which would have made it easier for her). We did ask my nan if i could stay at hers with suki and the kittens until they were old enough to leave her and then i would fly out with her. But my nan wouldnt do it. Every time i think about the day that i have to hand her over makes me really upset. And also the thought of not having her there is horrible. I am not sure that i would get over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page