Fleas!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Fleas!!!

Hi,
My name is Debbie I have 5 cats, 2 indoor kittens and 3 outside cats, and I am new here. My question is, what flea medications work best? If there anything cheap at like Walmart or pet stores that works? Or is Frontline the only thing that really works? Would it help if I bathed my inside cats every two weeks in a flea shampoo? Thanks in advance for all you help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
My cats are strictly indoors, so I don't have that problem. Sorry, I'm not much help. But I just wanted to say Hello and Welcome to the Cat Forum!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 01:49 PM

Just forget the stuff you find in stores, specially Hartz products, there has been some problems with animals getting sick/dieing in the past... buy either from a vet or online, there are several places you can buy it online for cheaper then you might find at most vets.

Frontline
Revolution
Advantage

Are the only ones I would use on my fur kids, and they have worked WONDERFULLY.

All 3 of my cats are indoors, but sometimes foster animals bring fleas or ticks in, etc.

Just do some searching on the web, and you'll find which one is best for you, some of them prevent other things besides just flease, they are different. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 02:41 PM

I use Advantage. I find that works well.
Be careful about buying flea collars, as some cats can develop allergic reactions to them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 02:54 PM

My kitten, Dante, had a flea problem when I first got him and I used Frontline since it is for kittens and cats. It worked extremely well for him. I do have to mentione that Dante is strictly and indoor cat.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 03:21 PM

I prefer Frontline
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 03:40 PM

One dose of Frontline on my infested shelter kittens has killed ALL the fleas. I will probably go ahead and use the rest just to make sure, but I haven't seen a flea in almost a month. I vacuumed and washed thier bedding, but I didn't even need to spray the rug or anything. But then, I have hardwood floors...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 05:15 PM

Rayona:

Becareful giving them Frontline too much. Since they all can have side effects, animals and people can form reactions to things at any given time, even if they never had before.

If you have no flea's, they haven't come back... why use it again? It's good for a while keep it for later if you need it then... saves money too!

I gave it to my 3 cats over a year ago now and they are still flea free with only one treatment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page