Cats needs homes - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Cats needs homes

I got two cats today, and thought I'd go ahead and 'advertise' them here.

Their info is on my web site, and it comes with their pictures.

They'd go well with a quiet home, although they are good with kids. Clyde would need some time to adjust, as it seems Cheyenne would adjust quicker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I love them both! I feel so bad for Clyde--poor little guy. I hope he can find a family that will treat him good.

Where in Ohio is this shelter located--or are you fostering out of your home? I wish I had a house--I would take Clyde in a second (except that he'd have to live with 3 other cats, which may be hard on him at first). I hope to buy a house at the beginning of the year--so I'll probably end up with a zoo of my own!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

I'm over in the Dayton area. Inna suburb, 5 minutes from the Dayton Mall! YAY!
I'm fostering. I started Mystical Flame in July, and these 2 are my first little rescues (Not counting my poor kittens )
I'm also getting kittens (less than 1 yr) sometime too. My sister found them and her mother-in-law wont let them stay inside. Which is bad, because they keep getting into the cars engines. That can kill them! So we're trying to figure out how to transport them. I don't go 'her' way for another 2 weeks when I head to school, and that will still be an extra 45 mins away. Not counting the 45 minutes TO my school!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:01 PM

The cats are very beautiful. Keep us posted on those kittens!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
How did you happen to get Clyde and Cheyenne--I noticed that they were a little older than I thought they were at first. I wondered if their family gave them up--if so, that is extremely sad. I bet it will be hard to let them go if someone wants them--I'd end up keeping all of the fosters and not letting them go!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

The people had these cats since they were kittens. One was from a rescue, the other was found on the streets. Yah, they are pretty old. It was hard on them to give up the cats. They had a new baby (Yah, i know...), and she's allergic to the cats. She's the only kid they had with allergies (inherited from her dad). Her dad grew out of it when he was 11, but the cats won't live THAT long. Their older kids are very sad.

Cheyenne is really chubby, which is expected with age I guess. I'm going to see if I can find a seniour diet for cats. They gave us a LOT of food. But I might not use most of it. I'll get them a different brand for seniors and switch them over. Then I'll give the unopened food bags to the local shelter.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 03:31 AM
Cool Cat

Why didn't they get rid of the new baby instead?

Just kidding

So sad to see beloved pets lose their homes
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 07:08 AM

That's a thing that i don't understand! I would never do my cats away, no mather what! Even if i'd have a baby whose allergic, there are plenty of medicine against it!
I just hate people who get rid of their pets when they have a little problem instead of trying to solve it!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I had a nephew with allergic asthma. When he came to stay, I had to keep the cat away from him. One time didn't say anything when the cat got into his room and he knew I was busy,. (and he liked the cat.) The poor child was gasping for air, and I had to call the doctor immediately.

I love my animals, but if the health of one of my children was at stake, I'd have no choice. The child would have to come first. It's a sad situation, but if you ever see a child who is unable to breathe you'll understand. I'm sure the parents' hearts are broken-to have a child with such a problem- and to have to give up a beloved pet. It's a sad situation.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Add this to the column "Why I Don't Want to Have Kids". If this happened to me, there's no way I could give up the cats. I'd build a whole separate guest house for the kid and make him wear a HASMAT suit when he came near the cats - I just couldn't do it..

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page