I need advice...please help catlovers! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

I need advice...please help catlovers!

Hi,

I adopted a kitty who is no more than 6 months old. I love her very much, and she is super active, and she loves to be outdoors and indoors. Just Recently, our neighbors cat has decided to become a bully. Unfortunately, my cat has gotten her behind whooped the alst two nights, and she even got peed on the second night. Im guessing it is territorial, but is there anything I can do, to keep the bully cat from hurting mine.

Your suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

lvis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
The only way you can be certain your cat is safe is to keep her indoors. Cats are very susceptible to infections from bites and often get killed by cars. You could ask the neighbor to keep his cat in, but he's just going to tell you the same thing. If you want her to be able to go out safely, you could build her an enclosure that has a wire screen roof also. Good luck!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Cool Cat

Yes, I agree with Jeanie. Keep her inside or confined to an enclosed area outside. A kitten that young would probably be able to adjust to being kept indoors much easier than a grown cat. It's sad to see a little baby like that getting hurt. There are so many risks outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 01:13 AM

I am not sure where you live, but in Ontario for the most part, it is illegal to have your cat outside unless it is on a leash. A lot of people don't know about this. It makes sense though considering how many cats get killed by cars and such. I know if your cat is picked up by the pound for being outside, you will have to pay a fine.
Inform your neighbour about the possibility of this law, and also mention the fact that his cat is a bully and maybe shouldn't be outside.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 02:55 PM

Perhaps you could call your local pound and ask about it. The animal police Maybe they could inform the owner to keep his cat inside. You never know Perhaps you should keep your kitty indoors though, at least
untill it gets big enough to defend its self.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Cool Cat

Good point Aine. We don't need any more homeless kitties brought into this world. Please make sure she gets spayed if she is not already. Very important.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:47 AM
don

A six month old should still be adaptable to being an inside cat. If you have a yard make an enclosure. There are ready made enclosures for dogs that can be quickly assembled (and disassembled) that will let her spend time outside safely. Even if you decide to keep her indoors have her spayed...one escape is enough to become a parent. Even if something is done about the local bully there are likely to be others.

Don and Miss Kitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page