recliner trap - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
don

recliner trap

Miss kitty rarely has trouble with her environment and the usual hazards for cats...but now she has found a new way to create danger for herself..
recently I replaced an old recliner with a new one that has a built in foot rest operated with a lever. (the old one had a separate footstool that miss kitty liked to sleep on) Now she crawls into the space between the chair and the "pop up" foot rest...several times she has almost been pinched in the mechanism...I have tried several things but this seems to be a new favorite place.....Not sure if there is any cure...if she ever is pinched she will probably know better next time but that is a painful way to do it.
(that is underneath the foot rest,,if she was on top I would see her.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 10:21 PM

don: This is a large fear known by ferret owners. It's just best to NOT own a recliner for those whom own free roam ferrets.

I have on hear, but we rarely sit in it, and the law is if the ferrets out DO NOT TOUCH THAT CHAIR. lol

I've had some kittens with the same problem in the past, there is very little you can do, besides look before you sit down, and get off the chair over the side of it, so you don't really move the chair to get up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
don

so far the simple solution seems to be working...I salvaged the footstool and placed it beside the recliner instead of in front...she much prefers the padded footrest and if she is not there I can look around for her. Also it is easier to pet her in this position. should have done this sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page