What is going on with Newt?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
What is going on with Newt??

I have been praying that this little kitty would get better and I try to keep up with how he is doing, so I was just wondering if we could have an update? I believe the last we heard was on Sept. 10--if I missed any posts, could someone point them out to me? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I have been praying too. Please uddate us. The last thread I remember was about the new vet. Newt had gained just a little bit of weight. I'll keep praying.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Cat

Sorry guys. I have about 4 posts each at three different sites just trying to get the best info from all around.

Newt has gained about 5 ounces this last week. Yeah! You can tell a difference in him. Unfortunately, with the weight gain his stuffy nose has returned. We bought a humidifier for the bedroom (warm moist air) at nights when he is sleeping and take him in the shower in the morning. This used to work quite well but today he is really stuffed up, whistling from his nose when he breathes.

We are going to continue feeding to get him back to 8 pds and are checking in the vet every few days. More and more I am thinking he has some sort of sinus allergy that led to his not eating which led to his jaundice. For some reason he just can't seem to shake the stuffy nose. Once he has more weight I am going to have them do a saline rince of his sinus. Still don't have the FIPV or Coronavirus tests back but am expecting them this week. Keep the prayers comeing.

He is still active, moves around, jumps up on us and kneeds on us before laying down for a nap. He is being very cooperative with the feedings. He trys to get away sometime (and is getting better at it) but he sits while I refill the syringe and waits for me to go across the kitchen to get a wet nap to wipe his face when we are done. I'll take some pics of the feeding today so you can see the before and after mess he creates.

Thanks again for the support, we have a long way to go but are getting close.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

by ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Premier Cat

Thanks for the update! Sounds like good news. You and Newt are in my thoughts!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:08 PM

Yippie! I'm so happy to hear that he's making some progress, don't give up your a good owner!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
I hope this little guy will continue to gain weight and get healthy. Thanks for keeping us informed and please let us know the test results--we worry so much about your kitty! I'll keep him in my prayers. :)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Cat

Thanks for all the support. We are really worried about the stuffy nose, it just won't go away.

Last night he has a small, slightly larger than a marble, bowel movement. So things appear to be moving down there.

by ForJazz
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
That's great Newt! I'm glad to hear he is active and acting relatively normal and not lathargic. Those are the signs of a kitty on the mend. I'm so glad, I have been thinking of him a lot. Every time I look at Samhain I think, "I hope Newt will be okay."

I think the sinus rinse is a good idea. Poor guy, it must suck to be stuffy all the time. Please let us know how he is in the next few days!!

"Hi Newt! Meowrrrr!"

~tanyuh

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Cat

Newt has been getting more lethargic over the weekend.

I think there might be a problem. Newt's eyes have been dilated for a while, but that is not unusual for him inside even in direct lamp light or overhead light...its outside light that makes him close his lens.

I looked at his eye this morning and the lens is in a weird shape...like half is contracted and the other half is half dilated. The other eye contracted almost all the way in sunlight. Does this mean neurological problems? His eyes are also more reflective than normal.

by ForJazz
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Newt, I'm no expert, but that's what it sounds like to me. I would call the vet and give her this latest symptom immediately. In the meanwhile, I'm praying for him, and I'm sure others are too.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page