My final post - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat

My final post

Unfortunately, Newt had to be put down today.

After my post this morning I went down to feed him as usual. He went to jump off the table and fell landing on his side. He got up after a minute or so but was more unstable than yesterday.

I tried to feed him but as soon as the food hit his tongue he began to dry heave. I checked him out and his ears had turned more jaundice. By the end of the day his skin was starting to yellow and his breathing was labored.

We took him in and held him while the doctor administered the barbituant. The doctor had not completed the entire dose and Newt was gone. He went very peacefully.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We're very sad right now but happy that he did not have to suffer too long. We were very hopeful he may be one of the survivors and I feel we gave him the best care possible.

Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

by ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Cool Cat

So sorry for your loss. That has to be so heartbreaking for you but like you said, the fact that Newt is no longer suffering eases the pain just a little. It had to be very hard to sit by and watch him struggle. Poor kitty.

We hope you won't disappear for good. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Maybe someday you will want to get another kitty.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
You certainly did do what you could for your little friend. Newt was lucky to have you, and I'm sure if he could speak, he would tell you that. I had grown very fond of Newt, as I'm sure many of us did, and prayed for him. You can take comfort in the knowledge that you gave him so much love. He couldn't have had a better home. God bless. When time passes and your heart begins to mend, perhaps you'll come back and tell us about your new kitten.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 07:37 PM

May Newt rest in peace. I feel so bad he and you had to go through this. If he went somewhere else now I am sure he is smiling at you knowing you love him.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 07:48 PM

I'm very sorry about Newt. You two were lucky to have each other for the time you did. My prayers are with you.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about Newt.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 10:29 PM

Newt: Oh I am so sorry for your loss dear, I'm sure we all feel sorry here, because you kept us so well informed on the attempts you made for this little one. Try not to feel too bad, you did the best you could, I'm sure Newt is happy now, and bless you for having to go through such a hard thing.

I hope you will stay around, but I understand if you need some down time.

Take care of yourself!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 02:49 PM

I'm terribly sorry about Newt! Please don't feel terribly bad, just take a few days off..

Please come back when you feel better...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 11:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss of dear Newt.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 11:55 PM

I am very sorry to hear about Newt. You did your best though and at least he had a loving home and someone who loved him and took good care of him. Blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page