A sad video everyone should see - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

A sad video everyone should see

This has got to be one of the saddest things I've seen online. It's a video about homeless cats and dogs. The video takes a few minutes to load but it is definitely worth the wait. You might have to reload it several times as I have found out to see the whole thing. You'll know when it's the end because it will have a little messege at the end of the slide similar to the one at the begining. It made tingles run through my body, it's a sad awakening to reality.

http://www.itsmeowornever.org/homeless.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 04:16 AM
Cool Cat

I've seen this before. I think the link to it was posted here a few months ago. When you look at your own cat it is such a shame to think of all the poor homeless kitties that are so capable of making such wonderful pets but never get the chance.

It makes me wonder that if I hadn't adopted Barnaby from the local shelter, would he ever have had a home? Or would he have been abandoned or let outside and gotten lost? Would he still be alive today? I'm just thankful that I got him and can give him a good home. I just feel bad for all the other kitties I could not take home.

I visited the shelter about 6 times before I finally made a decision on Barnaby but I still remember a white adult cat with 2 different colored eyes. The first few times I was there, every time I would walk by it would come up to the side of the cage and meow at me. You could tell it was a sweet cat that just wanted to be loved. I feel so guilty because like most people, I had heard that adult cats were set in their ways and I was set on getting a kitten. After the 4th time I went to the shelter this cat was no longer there and as much as I try not to think about it, I know what happened to this poor cat.

As enjoyable as it is to adopt a pet, visiting a shelter is a heartbreaking experience.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Richo- I know how you must feel. Although I didn't rescue a cat from a shelter, somehow kittens appeared in my neighbors car one day and I instantly took one of them in and a few of the littermates have since died a one hasn't grown much. I've of course taken Tevy (what I named her) to the vet and everything checked out good but I look at her sometimes and smile because of how special she is but sometimes I feel bad for her thinking if my neighbor and I weren't there that day, she could have died. I guess it all comes down to we should be happy that we've got them now and they have a good life with us. Along with having the proper care and a loving home. I hope you have a good day.

Kriskd - I'm sorry that you had to start off your day crying because of it. I just figured it was very sad yet sure puts images to the thoughts of all those animals in shelters and without homes etc. I felt really bad for the sets of kittens that looked like they were trapped in little places, it was sad. The one white dog that sort of looked related to a poodle (haha I don't know much about dog breeds) it was sticking it's head in between the cage with it's paws out looking like it was depressed and crying. It was almost like it had given up on life, poor thing. It was truly sad. I just thought I should share it and thought it might make people more grateful that at least the pets we've saved now have happy, loving homes, even if it is just a few pets for everyone it accumulates. I hope you have a good day.

- Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 09:40 AM

I've seen that before and still it makes me cry. It's so sad. All my animals were sprays and homeless. I'm so happy we found them or they found us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page