Tiger or Roy to blame? Neither. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Tiger or Roy to blame? Neither.

Anonyomus -
Roy already stated that he knows the tiger is not to blame, and wants the animal left unharmed....the LAST thing he said before passing out.....

I would think HE would know whether he was attacked or not, considering
he's been raising and training these animals for 30 YEARS!!!!

Longer than PETA has been around....and S&R have a documented reputation for how well they treat their cats....

PETA has to get their hands in every pie, although they arent doing any good with this particular BITCH...

If S&R want the animals to remain unharmed, and with them, no one
can stop them. They OWN these animals. If my dogs bit me, the law could not take them away unless I asked them to. And Roy is NOT going to file a complaint against the tiger, you can bet on it. As long as his tigers are not
a threat to the populace, they cant be removed if Roy lives. Maybe even if he dies, I'm sure Siegfried would have a say in that, since they are half his and Roy has specifically requested that no harm come to them....

Instead of harassing Roy, they should be APPLAUDING on the kind, decent, ethical treatment he has always given ALL his animals. He treats those cats better then some people treat their kids....

These men have been KINDLY raising, training and caring for these animals for over 30 years. They DO NOT beat them, chain them, abuse them....Roy keeps them IN HIS HOUSE, they are like children to him....The reputation of S&R for the excellent
care of their animals is both well known, and documented. His stage cats
COULD NOT be returned to the wild, they have been raised with humans and no nothing about hunting, or living without humans. They are spoiled rotten by the loving care that S&R give them, every day....they consider S&R as part of their family, their close-knit group. You want to seperate them? You really dont care about how the cats might feel about that. Of course, you want all the Pit Bulls in the world killed too....

I think you should take the "Ethical" out of your title...

I believe you're only in it for the money....

Also, it's now believed that the tiger was trying to HELP Roy, not hurt him. Stew on that, wont you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:29 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Louse76
Re: Tiger or Roy to blame? Neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonir
you want all the Pit Bulls in the world killed too....
Yes, I do! But that's because they are a threat to the populace!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click above to see Zero's album! Please sign his guestbook!
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 02:58 AM

A dog's demeanor, regardless of breed, reflects the treatment bestowed upon the animal by the owner. Some people are kind and some people aren't - therefore it would be a mistake to blame it on the dogs. From what I have read so far pitbulls are very warm-hearted and protective especially with children. To me dogs in general are a marvelous species.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Jr. Cat

Unfortunately, very untrue. Every month or so we hear about attacks from pit bulls here in FL. Just the other month a girl was mauled by her own pet which was never abused, and had been around children its whole life. It seems this is almost always the case. They always say... it was just this one time... a fluke... yet it happens over and over again. There are too many children who have been killed or scarred for life. For what? For a person to have an animal to prove their masculinity. They could have had another type of dog just as strong but less aggressive.

The solution: put them all to sleep.

But back on topic. These tigers were well kept, but they're still wild animals... unfortunately it's bound to happen. Especially with all of the excitement of the shows. I'm definately glad that an audience member wasn't hurt. When some people were talking about that in college, a girl I know said she saw them in person a while back and she was afraid that one of the tigers would come and get her. Sure that sounds silly... or does it now?

I was going to say at least the tigers aren't in a position where they can harm the public... but what happened if it jumped off stage and went for the crowd? I think if the show does go on, they should set up some type of precaution for the crowd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 12:10 PM

Aonir: I'm just a little curious as to why you did not post this on the current Roy and his tigers thread, instead of starting a new one. I'm read on peta's comments to this issue as well.

Louse: You have got to be kidding me. I'm just going to go WAY over here as to avoid myself getting banned.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Pit Bulls.. Lets see.. The number one dog for dog bites is.. LABS! Hmm. Go figure that one. Pit Bulls... used by ignorant people for dog fights because their jaws are strong - something that has not yet been proven. Pits are abandoned, killed, AND punished when they fail a fight. Pits are NOT human agressive, no they are not.. Most are dog agressive I hear because they are a dominant breed. They need to be alpha in the house of pets.
Another mistake made by humans - NEVER leave a child alone with a dog. EVER. I don't care how nice that dog is, ANY dog can turn quickly. People are trying to ban breeds, (German Shepherds, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, etc) because WE created them to do what? GUARD. They are guard dogs. Pit Bulls were bred to be BULL BAIT.
I suggest anyone who is against Pitt Bulls should do a little research of the cruelty to that breed. 90% of the time when people see a vicious dog they think its a pit, AND ITS NOT.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonir
Pit Bulls.. Lets see.. The number one dog for dog bites is.. LABS!

Another mistake made by humans - NEVER leave a child alone with a dog. EVER. I don't care how nice that dog is, ANY dog can turn quickly.
Lab bites... sure, but being mauled is a completely different thing.

And I completely agree on the second part, but 90% of the time it's not a Pit? Come on. Maybe where you live... If that's the truth then maybe only the Pit maulings make it into the news...

Anyone else thing that Pit owners (along with other aggressive breeds) should need to acquire a lisence and be investigated etc etc etc etc?

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 12:30 AM

That is very well-said, Aonir.
Here is a link just as eloquent as your relating of the problem. I hope people will learn and spread the word. The noble heart inside a dog can shine so bright if we apply the right kind of treatment to it.
Please take a minute and read out of this page: http://pbrc.net/petbull/sadreality.html
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 12:25 PM

Aonir: Here here!

Pit Bulls by nature, and by their breed standard are NOT aggressive, this is not fictual, but fact.

They are known and suppose to be more loyal and happy go lucky then even golden retreivers.

I have met 200+ some odd pitbulls and pit mixes, and never a ONE which was human or dog agressive. Always with a happy smile and wagging tail just wanting love and enjoying the wonderfull day!

However, I have met dogs of all various breeds whom have been dog or human aggressive, I work at a vet now, and with all the patients coming in, out of the ones whom have needed to be muzzled, none of them a pit or similar looking breeds.

I was bit as a young child (not my fault at all) but the fault of stupid owners by a golden/shepard mix. My leg was almost ripped off by a dalmation as a young child as well. 2 black labs tried to kill a small jrt whom was a former client of mine while he was in my care.

Knowlege is good, educate yourself, pit bulls are NOT a human or dog aggressive breed naturally. It's just not in them.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 03:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Here are the facts as stated by Daniel Ester, Ph.D and Suzzane Hetts, Ph.D, animal behaviorists:

http://www.animalbehaviorassociates.com ... s_dogs.pdf

129 of the 177 fatal dog attacks from 1979 to 1994 were made by these dogs:

Pit Bulls
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Siberian Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Wolf Hybrids

The reasons for these attacks are genetics, environment, age, sex, and reproductive status.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Yes, we love animals. I used to breed and show dogs. But denial and love don't change statistics. Please let's stop arguing about what's already well documented and fight the bad breeding and other factors that cause mean dispositions in animals rather than each other. Any breed could be turned mean by means of deliberate breeding for that quality over a period of years. All terriers, from smallest to largest, have the strong jaw that causes the damage by the Pit Bull (Staffordshire Terrier, American style.)

As far as tigers are concerned, any person going to a circus is in danger. They are beautiful, but wild animals. In this case we know they were treated better than any of us can afford to treat our pets, but they are wild animals. Any time we go near a wild animal, there is some element of danger. The amount of danger depends on the same mixture of factors that affect dogs and cats.

I will continue to pray for Roy's recovery.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page