How to get Zero up to the plant shelves... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Louse76
How to get Zero up to the plant shelves...

Well in our new house we have two long plant shelves way up high in our living room. We don't have anything up there, and once in a while we put Zero up there. He loves it! he always wants to go higher, and that's about as high as he can go! I'd like to find something that he could climb on to get up there and down himself... any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click above to see Zero's album! Please sign his guestbook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Bug

how about a cat tree?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 09:47 AM

What are the shelves close too? Anything he can use to climb or jump up on? If not, you could move something closer for him to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I should probably get one of those 'cat tree' things. They're so freakin expensive around here. I'd like to learn how to build one. Anyone know maybe a website with good directions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Kitten

Do you have a Walmart near you? I bought a carpeted cat tree there for 30 bucks... pretty cheap.

The one I have looks exactly like the one in the right of the pic on this site: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... pCatId=524 It's funny that they're selling it for 80 bucks, when you can get it at Walmart for 30!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 01:59 AM

Hi,

I saw a house on a wierd home show that was dedicated to it's cats. They had ramps and stairs everywhere so their cats could get up to the "catwalks" and levels they had built between rooms for them. They had a piece of carpet (like burbur) in a wooden frame that was attached to the wall. They cats climed right up it to the high walkway near the ceiling. Just an idea, seemed to work for those wack-a-doos. Really, if you saw their house, it would have been beyond what you could have even imagined!!! Have fun with that! Ang
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Well he can't really climb because of the 'softpaws' we have over his front nails.

And Pepper - what do you think of the quality of the one at walmart? I did actually see that one. It seems almost perfect to get him up there, but I believe it was made to mount to the celing, and I have vaulted celings, so they're not standard height...

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Kitten

Louse... the quality of the cat tree I have is pretty good. My 2 kittens are always ripping up and down that tree chasing each other, and they sharpen their claws on it all the time too. I've had it for about 6 months, and it's still in great shape, just like the day I bought it.. even after all of it's use.... so it was worth the 30 bucks I spent on it.

It doesn't actually mount to the ceiling... it's got a spring type thing that goes into the top of the tree... once you stand the cat tree up towards the ceiling... the spring thing with the rubber tip comes up and grips the ceiling to hold the tree in place... no screws or nothing go into the ceiling... it's real sturdy too, mine hasn't moved since I put it up.

That pic you have of your kitten on your profile is adorable.... soooo cute!!! Also the ones of Zero in the plastic bag... LOL so cute, my kittens love to do that too!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Bug

I had 2 of the Walmart cat trees. Worked great until my cats got heavier. The screws inside the tubes got stripped because the tree would move a bit everytime they climbed up or down. Finally one day it just fell apart and almost took out my computer when it fell. But then my kitties thought they were monkey's when they were on it. They miss it, but the one I want to buy next is expensive, so they have to wait until I save for it.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hey Pepper - only problem for me is that the celing at that point is slanted and prob 10-12 feet i think. That spring thing prob won't reach.

And thanks for the compliments, I'll tell him!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page